Charcoal Canister Help Needed

MossyOak07

Reaction score
City, State
Rochester, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Explorer Eddie Bauer
98 Explorer Eddie Bauer. SOHC.

I was replacing my air ride with the strutmasters kit this weekend. Since I was under there and have been fighting an emissions code, I also replaced the fuel filler neck. To get to te drivers side rear shock I needed to remove that rusty bracket that holds the canisters. It did not come out in one piece.

The problem I'm working on now is there was only what appeared to be an electrical harness attatched to the canisters. It was round and twisted to connect. Shouldn't there be some other kind of hose that connects to these from the gas tank possibly? What all is supposed to connect to these?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

97vgok.jpg

Here is a pic of what looks to be a broken piece on the top of one of the canisters. Is there supposed to be a hose of some sort that connects here?

Awesome, I can track that hose down. Do you have any idea how it connects to the canister? Is it that broken piece I showed in the picture?

Does anyone happen to have a picture of where the tubes connect to the canister?

Back