Check gage/oil pressure gage | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ExplorerXLT2002

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLT
I have a 2002 XLT Explorer 4.6L-V8 (~105k miles). In the last year the driver side puddle light seems to only work intermittently. I've read that it's probably due to broken wiring to the door. I'll check soon. Accessing should be easy as I recently put in new speakers all around. Any other ideas?

Also, every once in a while, when I start the engine cold, I get a brief "Check Gage" light while the engine oil pressure gage reads "L". After a moment, the gage goes up to "H" (where it should be) and the light goes off. Engine oil level is good. Any idea what might cause this? Engine oil pressure sensor going bad maybe? Curious why it's flaky and not just failing outright.

Another unusual thing that maybe related to the door wiring, the other night when I used my left turn signal, the signal was at double speed from normal. I turned it off and on again and still the same. A few moments later it was back to normal. What do you think is causing this? Would a short in the door cause this? Or is there a bulb burning out somewhere I haven't seen yet? I didn't get to check if the right signal was the same.

Just want to mention, a few weeks ago, the "Door Ajar" light came on and I couldn't find any door open! Finally, I found that one of the rear license plate light bulbs was burned out. I replaced it and the "Door Ajar" light went off. That was really frustrating til I figured it out. I almost ripped out the front overhead light console trying to get the lights to turn off at night. Just wish there were better messages than "Ajar"!

did u ever figure out what was that "check gage" problem. am getting that too.

Back