Check Gauge light. Low gas, but how much? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Check Gauge light. Low gas, but how much?

kdoggy

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Rapids, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT 4x4
I'm curious here, when the check gauge light comes on due to low fuel, how much is left? How many gallons?

My previous car, a 1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD Turbo had roughly 2 gallons left when the low fuel warning light came on and I knew this would roughly get me 55~60 miles more of driving before I would be stranded on the side of the road as long as stayed out of the boost! When that turbo was spooling, gas mileage went south like whoa! :D

I'm just curious how soon I gotta start worrying about gas once that light pops on.

mine does about 5-10 miles before i runs out.
but it will depend on you. really wouldn't want to know just how long it would take to run dry.
I hate walking!

For my 03 V6 I can go at least 20 miles... I think its 2 gallons... I wouldnt go any further than 30 miles (in summer). Dont do it tho... cause thats me keeping my rpms below 2K... squeezing every mpg outta my truck that i can... sad...

I've gotten 32 km with my check gauge light on before refuelling. THAT was scary.

Back