Check the bumper mounts. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Check the bumper mounts.

So a friend of mine picked up this 4 runner for his brother in law. His bro in law wanted him to take it for a test spin to see how it works. So we decide to run up to bald mountain Sunday afternoon and play a bit in the snow and just put some miles on the new to him 4 runner.

When we turn on the pavement and get into the snow we go about 100ft and find a diesel superduty stuck on the ice cause his hubs wont lock. A quick tug and we have him moving. As he is moving again he slides off the ice and gets stuck again. A few light tugs we cant get him moving. A little harder tug and you get the picture below. The winch wasn't working so we couldn't use it anyway. Time for some new mounts.

Also when I was out with Josh Tuesday at KOH we blew a longfield in a different 4 runner on Clawhammer.

IMG_20110213_154301.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Zip ties always seem like such a good idea until after the fact...

as does duct tape and bailing wire...

Look's good naked.

gorilla tape and twine are my preferred items

Friends don't let friends buy toyotas

I'm in the process of disowning my brother for buying an FJ; who gets a truck already modded and uses it solely for freeway driving.

Back