Chirping...Krickets in the front end??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Chirping...Krickets in the front end???

IN2FORD

Reaction score
City, State
Cookeville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer Bullitt
Well I am back on this topic again. I have replaced the excluder seals, turned rotors, new brake pads, greased the excluder seals incase something was rubbing them and so far nothing has fixed it. Any other ideas???

It seems to be temperature related. On a day above 65, from 20mph and slower, I hear a chirping sound and it seems to be coming from the front end. Could it be the U joints? If it is cooler than 65, it seems to not do it. The warmer it is, the louder it is.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bump

I had a chirping noise that sounded like it was coming from the front end but it ended up being the emergency brake. The brake needed to be rebuilt because it had begun to deteriorate.

What part had to be rebuilt? I am willing to look at anything at this point.

I had a chirping noise too. It was one of my pulleys going bad. I think it was like $13.00 to replace. I later had the same problem return only it was alternator bearings.

I used some lube to squirt into the bearings to identify the problem. It would go away for a short time and return.

Hope this helps.

Whatever was holding to brake up had begun to sag letting it just barely touch.

Back