chrome bulbs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

chrome bulbs

I have clear corners on my 01 sport and want to change out the amber bulbs since they still show as amber during the day when there not on. I know there are sever different options to replace them with;
LED's,
Chrome bulbs
Silver stars

So which ones have the best color in day and night to them?

Also I am thinking of putting yellow bulbs in my fog lights. Which yellow bulbs/brand are the best looking/effective for the money? Since I haven't been able to find many after market bulbs that are actually the 9145 bulbs that the fogs should be I know the 9005 bulbs fit with some trimming but I can't get the bulbs to sit centered in the metal ring in the housing. Are the 9005 bulbs the best replacement to go with or is there a more direct fit option.
thanks for the help.
-Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

a cheap way to change the color of the bulbs is to use a high temp silver engine paint and lightly coat the amber bulbs.

superlumination.com sells the bulbs you need (and cheaper than that eBay listing). Great seller to boot.

a cheap way to change the color of the bulbs is to use a high temp silver engine paint and lightly coat the amber bulbs.

Ive heard that takes the brightness out of the bulbs though

superlumination.com sells the bulbs you need (and cheaper than that eBay listing). Great seller to boot.

With the LED's for turn signals do you need some type of resister set up to balance everything out? or do those bulbs have it all built in. Others i have needed extra wiring.
thanks

Ask Chris (Superlumination owner). He's got lots of technical knowledge on his bulbs and on their applications.

so you guys think the led bulbs are the best to go with for the turn signals. If you could NYMount21 post some pictures of how they look.

What about for the fog lights. Are there any yellow bulbs made in the stock size or I need to convert the 9005 bulbs? and which brand are best for the money?
thanks

I have the sliverstars, here are some pics
DSC00738Medium.jpg

DSC00739Medium.jpg

I've got some LEDs in the turn signals. Parking lights off & on.

Attachments

• x lights 001.jpg
    x lights 001.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 248
  • x lights 002 800x640.jpg
    x lights 002 800x640.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 236

Don't kniw anything about the chrome bulbs, look cheap though. I have used the Sylvania Silverstars, The are actually brighter in addition to looking cool.

Don't kniw anything about the chrome bulbs, look cheap though. I have used the Sylvania Silverstars, The are actually brighter in addition to looking cool.

Yea, Im thinking of trying out the silverstars for the signals.. they have a unique look to them.

Anyone with any info on the yellow fog light bulbs?
thanks
-Matt

Yea, Im thinking of trying out the silverstars for the signals.. they have a unique look to them.

Anyone with any info on the yellow fog light bulbs?
thanks
-Matt

If you checkout my link above there are some great products on there. That business is awesome, they give great feedback/answers to Q's and concuct themselves very professionally.

They do however get pricey with some things. For simple headlight/foglight bulbs check out auto parts stores like pepboys and such, they may carry funky japanese products sometimes but they do work. Even try eBay!

http://www.superbrightleds.com/tail-brake-turn.html

Here's another website for LED's if you wanna check it out. I've been thru many light set-ups and found the best and worst products so if you have any other questions i'm more than happy to help:D GOOD LUCK!

Back