ExplorerDMB

Moderator/Technician
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Acura TL
Well, I guess I deserve it. I bought the cover from a company off ebay (well not through ebay, but through their website) and it's ben about 8 months and now it's rusting. Right now it is just surface rust - so what I'm going to do is contact the company and see if I can get some money back; but I'm going to get the clear/bullet proof differential cover. Basically, all this post is about is to be careful when buying chrome covers for cheap. I'm going to also put some synthetic in. What type of fluid should I put in the pumpkin? 75W-140? Probably more like 75W-90? What company do you all like?

-Drew

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I put in 75W-140 synthetic cause mine calls for it right on my axle tag. It has the facroty limited slip so that's probably why it calls for that oil.

I will look into it. Thanks. How many quarts do I need? I believe I'll need about 3 quarts (bottles) right?

-Drew

Ya I'm pretty sure it was 3 bottles. They aren't cheap though. I paid about $20 CAN per bottle.

FYI: I am running Mobil 1 synthetic 75w90 in my rear limited slip diff with no friction modifier. It take about 3 quarts to fill it.

Well the stuff I am getting already has the modifier in it. The Richmond Gear Lube is the most expensive I've seen so far at 10 a bottle. I will see what I get.

-Drew

I ended up getting the Royal Purple 75w-90. I am putting this in once I put the new Cleargearz cover on (tomorrow).

-Drew

Back