Number4

"I'm counting to 3, then I'm getting your dad."
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Woodstock, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Ford Explorer 4.6l
So, after the deer took out my front end, I've been patiently waiting to get parts. I've settled for parts that were the wrong color figuring I'd have them painted.

I picked up a black header panel (part that the headlights attach to) and before taking it to a body shop thought I'd play with it.

When you look at the 4th Gen Ex's, the chrome grill covers the front area between the headlights. In the 3rd Gen Ex's the grill is trimmed with a body color ring, which is the only part of the header panel that is exposed.

Enter, 'Chrome' paint by Duplicolor.

Here is the header panel, it's been sanded and is 'ready' for some paint
GrillPrepEdited_zps30241ee3.jpg

This is the black header panel installed. You can see where the Black shows around the grill.
GrillwBlackEdited_zps930cf956.jpg

This is the header panel painted 'Chrome.' See any problems here?
GrillishEdited_zps623db041.jpg

This is the 'Chrome' spray cans lid, yeah, the lid sure does look Chrome.
ChromenotchromeEdited_zpsaded09ea.jpg

Note: If I keep this, I will paint the rest of the header panel to match the car, just because.

This picture shows, in the shade, what it would look like with a bumper. This is the old bumper not fully fastened.
GrillwBumperEdited_zpsb8391cbb.jpg

With some sunlight on it. Kinda like it. Wonder how much it would cost to get it actually chromed.
Grill1Edited_zps54dfc2c3.jpg

Wonder how much it would cost to get it actually chromed.

I kinda like it too. I'm guessing the cost of getting it chromed would be high.

I think I deleted my post while you made yours. Realized on another thread I knew had pictures that they weren't showing either. Also realized I had my cached images shut off. Oops.

I think I deleted my post while you made yours. Realized on another thread I knew had pictures that they weren't showing either. Also realized I had my cached images shut off. Oops.

;):thumbsup:

Back