civic vs. plastic mail box who do you think won? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

civic vs. plastic mail box who do you think won?

yes that is as far as i could close the door. Note the seat belt i used to shut it.

Attachments

• civic whoops 001.jpg
    civic whoops 001.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 608
  • civic whoops 002.jpg
    civic whoops 002.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 602
  • civic whoops 003.jpg
    civic whoops 003.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 598
  • civic whoops 004.jpg
    civic whoops 004.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 817

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well i was delivering pizza in the civic. And i got back to my car and backed up looking in my rear veiw mirror only to hear a metal cruch sound. I looked forword to see my driver side door bent the wrong way, much more then the pic shows now. So i sat there thinking to i just drive away? Well i walked back to the front door and asked for a hammer to knock the door retainer braket off he did not have one so i used a brick. That did not help. So i tied up the door and still had to make another delivery with my door open this happened at 12 i had to work till 8pm so i went home and grabed the CVR the most hardcore of 4 wheel drive SUVs.

But the damage is not too bad i will TRY to bend the hinges back and shut the door. If that works I will TRY to bend the beercan like fender into shape and bondo the likeing carp out of it. Or i might get a junk yard fender if it puts up any problems.

BTW this was the LAST civic without any primer paint and/or or body damage.

How bad was the mail box? Or should I not ask?

Lt.Jim said:

well i would rather you know ask, but how should i put it??? You know thoses signs on the roads that you can hit and they pop right back up like new. Well it pop back up with no carnage at all :mad:

How dare that mailbox challenge your mileage monster :p

i know wtf?

And to top it off i know the neighors love 3/4 lift Expo with no frot bumper and the brush guard leaning on the garage door and now a civic with a door that does not close and a tarp covering it and tomorrow was cut the grass day. Oh monday is my frist day of summer vact.

Charlie's_93EB said:
BTW this was the LAST civic without any primer paint and/or or body damage.

No longer on the endangered list! gone the way ofthe Dodo!! :rolleyes:

BTW that sux, I think you should have used the 4x4 post to push it back into place.

Nate

Ive seen these things with lambo doors but this is the first one with GT40 door hinges. WTF?

attachment.php

Just take both doors and the back hatch off and be like that car/buggy they had on Fantasy Island.

terdrocket said:
Just take both doors and the back hatch off and be like that car/buggy they had on Fantasy Island.

i really thought of that but the a/c may not work as well.

at 7:39am i waked outside with a cup of coffee, and at 8:06am it was stripped (pic) later i failed at bending the hinge back with heat?!?!?!?!

i walked on the fender and flatened it out pretty good.

Update

well this are the Monday pics it took s then 30 minutes to do the tear down.

On Tuesday i went to the junk Yard, and guess what? They used to have 3-4 red 90 civic hatchbacks 3 were in a row next to each other.

Well they were crushed ALL of them :mad: So no door, no fender, the best i couild do was a set of 90 Prelude hinges and the almost fit :mad: :eek: :confused:

So today i broke the top bolt in the door :mad: But atleast i drilled out the hinge to were the gap at the rear is ummmmm ok :rolleyes: .

So i am going out and get some washers b/c i did not bend the mounting holes in the fender they tore out two of them. I will weld them in and weld the door on the hinge so if i f-it up agian i will have to replace the door. But for a 16 year old beater that is all it gets.

I hope to get mud on it tonight.

Attachments

• civic whoops 008.jpg
    civic whoops 008.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 477
  • civic whoops 009.jpg
    civic whoops 009.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 468
  • civic whoops 010.jpg
    civic whoops 010.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 485
  • civic whoops 011.jpg
    civic whoops 011.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 483

damn sorry to see that! how was the mail box? :}

Lt.Jim said:

Charlie's_93EB said:
well i would rather you know ask, but how should i put it??? You know thoses signs on the roads that you can hit and they pop right back up like new. Well it pop back up with no carnage at all :mad:

dtl 2k2 sport said:
damn sorry to see that! how was the mail box? :}

it won ok :p

btw i welded the door and fender, stipped the paint, and did 2 layers of mud with 50 grit.

100grit next then 220 grit then 400, then primer and paint.

but it is where i can drive it without it looking like crap

Well I had sent this this girl I know to read and this is the responce I got. Got any pics of that mail box maybe I should send that so it would make sense.

its not making any sense. what the heck is a plastic mailbox? i don't speak car talk. you have to play it simple. are you cutting and pasting from a commentary or something. are you watching a derby or something. let me know what planet you are on so I can join you;)
hope

Back