Cleaned IAC now A/C won't work, HELP! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cleaned IAC now A/C won't work, HELP!

cloob

Reaction score
City, State
VT
Year, Model & Trim Level
00' Explorer Eddie Bauer
So my 2000 Explorer has had some trouble starting, it always starts just turns over a bunch before starting. So last night I disconnected the battery, removed the IAC to clean it, put it back on, re-connected the battery. This morning I notice that the defrost works blowing hot air, but the A/C is not working and will not blow any air through the panels. The Rear Fan works but once again only blows hot air. I checked all the fuses inside the truck and the ones under the hood but I cannot tell if the big black fuses have gone bad. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is the compressor turning on ?

From what I can tell I cannot hear the compressor. I can only get hot air blowing out the defrost and floor but no air out of the panels. I though I might have popped a fuse last night hooking the battery back up since everything was working fine till then.

Look at the front of the compressor with the engine running and the A/C turned on. If the center is not spinning, it is not engaged. If it is not spinning, either there is no power to compressor, or compressor clutch is bad. Can you check for power to the compressor?

So I went to buy a fuel filter during my lunch break and decided to try turning on the A/C again while driving and it turned on and is currently working. I definitely will still try and figure out what caused that as I am sure it will happen again sooner rather than later.

Back