Cleaning inside auto glass | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cleaning inside auto glass

Cleaning the inside windows of every automobile/truck that I have ever owned has been a royal pain in the arse. I have tried every cleaner that I can find as well as the old traditional method of gasoline and newspaper’ many work but are not easy to do.

There has to be an easy or easier way to clean glass.

Alas, while watching TV one night I saw an add for Glass Wizard. At first I thought just another BS gimmick on sale on TV. While perusing eBay, I came across the thing again.

I placed a bid and won one for $10. It arrived today and I decided to put it to the test.

I sprayed RO/DI water on the inside of the windshield and rubbed it off with the Glass Wizard. It took no time at all and I was astonished with the results. I have never had my glass look so good.

I did the entire truck's interior glass in less than 10 minutes.

No chemicals were used; just the water and the microfiber bonnet of the Glass Wizard.

Attachments

• glass.jpg
    glass.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 412

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jim the best thing for any sort of rubber, plastic, vinyl is 303 protectorant, you can get it at marine type boat stores

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Something I learned by making a mistake first: Paint overspray on windshield and rest of truck. I clay barred the overspray off the paint, and it did a great job, so thought "Why not" on the windshield. It worked perfectly! So clean that I took my service van to the car wash and clay barred it's windshield as well. You would not believe the black road...uh...'stuff' that comes off with the clay bar!!! Just keep it wet like you do on the paint. You can FEEL when it is clean...nice and smoooooth!

P.S. The 303 stuff is great! You can also find it at R.V. places like Camping World, and once in awhile even WallyWorld has it in the R.V. area.
MCTOY

also try #0000 steel wool for windshields

HANDS DOWN BEST CAR GLASS CLEANER METHOD: (inside AND out)

1. "STONER'S" - invisible glass
2. "Black Magic's" - Microfiber glass towel.

Period.

Aquinoheat said:
HANDS DOWN BEST CAR GLASS CLEANER METHOD: (inside AND out)

1. "STONER'S" - invisible glass
2. "Black Magic's" - Microfiber glass towel.

Period.
Just picked a can of the above today, used some paper towels as I could not find the above M.Fs
This is guud S$$T
Thx A

hey no problem, for excellent car care products and information, i found this VERY good site: http://www.properautocare.com

Thats the only place you need to know to keep your ride looking brand new.

Back