clear headlight lenses | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

clear headlight lenses

Does anyone know where i can find a set of clear headlights for my 98 explorer. i am not talknig about clear corners but a clear lense like on the new ford lightning pickup

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i dont think they're out yet for explorers. what sucks is that if i bought the 1990 chevy blazer that i was looking at, i could have them. many companys make lighting accessories for everything but the explorers:( it's a fact of life and you just have to get used to it.

you could always custom fabricate one out of a lexan like material, but it would be labor intensive

but remember that headlights get hot!!
if it doent start to melt or warp, it will turn a yellowish/brown color.

the stock ones are plastic

Aren't headlight lenses clear? Obviously not, but could someone fill me in?

there are some headlights that are truly clear and others are opaque. most new cars have a lense that is like looking through a clear window unlike what pre 2000 explorers have which are like looking through foggy window. hope this helped in the explination.

gotcha, yeah my mom's accord has really clear lenses. Are they that big of a difference?

i just like the look but i think the performance is about the same in most cases

the things you're talking about are called "crystal eyes" they're diamond backed lenses with crystal clear covers, I'd LOVE to have some of these.. carwearUSA makes them but not for the X just yet.. I emailed them but never got a reply.. word is that they do not and will not make them for the X.. I say we storm their building and demand it.. or just email them.. if anyone can find their email address.. post it here.. I'd pay a good bit for crystal eyes headlghts and turn signals up front.

ha yea im with you about storming the building or more seriously about paying a little extra for them.

hehe, we just about need to.. they refuse to respond to my emails, and keep making them for every ford but us.. they need a good kick in the pants to get things going.. :p I'd LOVE to have some, I think my OEMS are getting a bit yellow.. thats bothering me too..

http://shop.sportruck.com seems to carry just about every model of the crystal eyes.. for trucks anyway.. I check that site often for new updates on euro clears and the crystal eyes.. ya may wanna check em out, they have some cool stuff there.

Does anyone know were to get clear headlights for $100 or cheaper for a 1997 ford explorer?

Does anyone know were to get clear headlights for $100 or cheaper for a 1997 ford explorer?
While I commend you for performing a search before you post, you've resurrected a thread that's a decade old.

A simple google search/ebay search will yield the results you're looking for. I just checked on ebay for "1997 Ford Explorer clear headlights" and found a set for $87 plus shipping.

Good luck!

Back