Clicking Sounds after changing spark plugs | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Clicking Sounds after changing spark plugs

ook sooo the smoke was just from extra coolant sooooooo nvmmm about that oneee but clicking sound still is thereeee

Did you ever resolve the clicking sound? I just replaced my spark plugs and now I hear a clicking sound on my engine as well. I checked all the wiring connections and they all seem to be good. Thoughts?

clicking sound on engine after changing spark plugs

Hey guys. I just changed my spark plugs and now I’m hearing this ticking/clicking sound (see link below to listen in). Anyway, I’ve disconnected the spark plug wires for each spark plug one at a time and started the car as well to see if it’s the wires, but the sound is still there – so I"m assuming this rules out the wires. I’ve also ensured to tighten the spark plugs but again, the clicking/ticking sound is still there. I’ve checked the gap as well. The car runs fines and there are no misfires. However, I’m concerned about the clicking sound and what that might entail. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

http://youtu.be/2NzbtTNYrb8

Did anyone resolve this? Got the same thing happening after a tune up.

Just changed all my spark plugs , engine started making a click sound , checked all the spark plugs again and the wiring . Also checked where the plugs go in all the wires are in the right position
I had the same problem on a 05 sport trac 4.0 and all I did was take a long screw driver and move the plug wires and the taping stoped

Back