• Register Today It's free!

clutch master cylinder question

RANGER-UP

Reaction score
City, State
FT BRAGG NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 FORD RANGER STD CAB
Hey guys I am a newbee on the board b/c I just bought a 2000 ford ranger. It is a std cab with a manual transmission and a v6 engine. It is definately gonna be a project truck but thats why I got her. Right now I am in the process of replacing the clutch and the hydraulic system. I am basically done with that but I ran into a slight problem. The clutch master cylinder pushrod was damaged and the plastic portion is broken and was extremely brittle. I looked all over the internet trying to locate a replacement but was unsuccessful. The next course of action is to use epoxy and fiberglass to re-enforce the plastic portion but If I can get a new part then I would love to just go that route. My local dealer was no help in this area. I will get some pics up tomorrow afternoon. Any help or advice on this would be appreciated!

thanks guys!

Dave

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you're trying to find just the pushrod, I don't think you can, you have to get the whole master cylinder.
At least that was my case on my F250, the plastic pushrod broke.

I bought the entire master cylinder from auto zone and it only came with the actual master cylinder and the rubber hose connecting it to the resovoir. Is there more to this kit??? The box didn't look tampered with. I will call auto zone and research this more tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Dave

Thanks alot bro. I already installed the master cylinder but I am gonna go back to the store and raise a little hell tomorrow b/c I asked the guy behind the counter if it was supposed to come with the pushrod and he looked clue less. I bought the one they had and left in a hurry. I appreciate the help so far and I will keep you posted on my findings.

Dave

By the way... I am looking at this rockauto.com and I cannot see any clutch master cylinders for my model ford ranger. Am I being too specific in my search or something? Kinda stumped a little.

ok sorry about the moment of idiocracy. I found the clutch mater cylinders under the 4 cyl model but I doubt there is any difference.

I found them for a 2000 Ranger, 4.0 V6. Wasn't sure what engine you had. Which one do you have?

Back