• Register Today It's free!

Clutch options?

davy crockett

Reaction score
City, State
British Columbia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XL
My truck is going to need a clutch fairly soon so I'm hoping for some feedback on the best way to go.

I have access to either Luk, Centerforce or OEM. The Luk Gold and the OEM are about the same cost but OEM comes with a new slave/release and the Luk doesn't. A Centerforce II is about $100 more than the other two options but it's marketed as a performance/off road part.

Hopefully some of you have experience with some of these options and whether it's worth spending extra over the Ford clutch set on a truck that is only mildly modified?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my 3.0 ranger has 35's 3.73's and iv had a stock clutch a little over two years. i would think that if you do some heavy offroading or any normal towing to probably look at aftermarket

I have a centerforce on my 93.It has 38's and 5.13 gears and never had a problem with it.When it comes time for a clutch in my 92 I am going to buy another centerforce.

Mine is a oem 33's I put quite a few hard miles on it-- OEM works fine for me.

My oem lasted 200,000 miles with lots of wheeling. When I replaced it, I went with LUK Gold. Turned out the oem was a LUK, btw.

Luk are good clutches. I really like them. Taht being said. I run the stocker. It has enough clamping force and it never slips. Even when spinning the 31s on dry pavement and 3.73s. If you get a different clutch, Buy and new slave cylinder!

Back