• Register Today It's free!

Cobra engine swap??

eburg_dub

Reaction score
City, State
Eburg PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 mountaineer
Friend of mine got rear ended in his 04 cobra car is totaled. i can have the engine for dirt cheap is it possible to swap this out into my 05 merc???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Eeverything is possible

If you dont do it ask if he is willing to sell all the front brackets and pullies and everything, I need it for my swap lol.

The Aviator is the perfect OEM vehicle to mix parts with. So yes it should be minor trouble, but do it. I wanted to get the DOHC engine and add the KB Cobra supercharger to it in a truck. All I did before giving up the idea was buying a pair of new complete 2002 Cobra heads. Good luck with it.

I know personally i decided to just try with the stock eaton supercharger, but if it works well and handles the power i may go bigger down the road. Im really looking forward to things, just getting everything together for now, Already have the eaton, cobra crank pulley, and throttle body on its way.

Get material on the Aviator to see how it differs from the Explorer, try DVD manuals etc.

Sorry for mis-naming, the heads came from a "1999-02 Cobra" crate engine. They are the best DOHC head and cams available before the cooling revisions late in the 2003 model year.

Back