94xlt4WD

Reaction score
City, State
Kelowna, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
Hi there,
i am new here but used this forum a couple times before with success.:thumbsup:

The thread about fixing the shift motor (broken plastic ring) is great, the pics are very helpful. It saved me $ 600.- at the Ford Dealer and my 4WD works again, just in time, we had snow the next day.:D

I also had a problem with the ABS, Ford Dealer said front sensor is gone and wanted another $ 300.- :thumbdwn:, with the Forum i found out it was the rear sensor, new sensor was $ 30.- and ABS is working again.:D

He also told me, my pdfe sensor needs to be changed (check engine light is on since i bought the explorer), he was asking another $ 400.- for that:thumbdwn:, i thought i do it myself, thirst i got the same metal sensor from Lordco, replaced it but check engine light is still on and the same 327 code on my obd1, so i got the one Ford wanted to but in, the plastic one with new wiring ($ 260.-), i replaced it but still the same problem!? :banghead:

I was on the internet the last 3 days to find out what it could be, i know that the sensor is getting not enough voltage (code327), and replacing the sensor is not helping eighter,

please help.

I have an 94 X 4L pushrod 6 cylinder 235 000 km

Franz

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome franz

was the code from KOEO, KOER, or memory??

you say you're not getting enough voltage. what's the voltage and where are you testing it?? should be 5.0v between the GY/R and BR/W wires at the DPFE sensor.

327 (O,R,M) EGR feedback signal is/was low

Have you checked the EGR?

i asked KOEO, KOER, Memory because

KOEO normally electrical
KOER normally mechanical

they each have a separate diagnostic proceedure

was the code from KOEO, KOER, or memory??

you say you're not getting enough voltage. what's the voltage and where are you testing it?? should be 5.0v between the GY/R and BR/W wires at the DPFE sensor.

Hi, thanks for your replay. I get 0.2 volt insteat of 4.0 - 6.0 volts, checked vref pin (BR/W) to harness, like they say in the Haynes Manual.
I get my code from KOEO (ignition key on - engine not running).

Thanks again,
Franz

Hi there,
no i didn't check the EGR yet, because the ford dealer told me it's the DPFE sensor, so i changed the sensor and it is still the same!?
Thanks,
Franz

Hi, thanks for your replay. I get 0.2 volt insteat of 4.0 - 6.0 volts, checked vref pin (BR/W) to harness, like they say in the Haynes Manual.
I get my code from KOEO (ignition key on - engine not running).

Thanks again,
Franz

i'll assume you tested it with key in RUN engine OFF.

what does it read BR/W to battery ground??

if still low, disconnect TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) and retest between the GY/R and BR/W wires at the DPFE sensor. if normal 4 - 6v, then TPS is shorted.

Thanks again, i have to try that tomorrow, looking forward to test it.
will replay as soon i checked for voltage tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Franz

Update:
BR/W to ground 0.2 volt
GY/R and BR/W 0.2 volt
The same with TPS disconnected.

How much voltage is BRN/GRN (votage output pin#3) supposed to have, i get 4 - 6 volt there!?

Hi,
just checked the EGR Vacuum regulator, voltage is ok and resistance is 32 ohms (26 - 40 ohms is ok).

In order to check the EGR itself, i need a vacuum pump or is there another way!?

Thanks again, i have to try that tomorrow, looking forward to test it.
will replay as soon i checked for voltage tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Franz

Update:
BR/W to ground 0.2 volt
GY/R and BR/W 0.2 volt
The same with TPS disconnected.

How much voltage is BRN/GRN (votage output pin#3) supposed to have, i get 4 - 6 volt there!?

let's check our wiring diagrams...go to the ECM and check Pin26 should be BR/W, Pin27 should be BR/LG and Pin 47 should be GY/R. ford may have given the wrong colors...again.

I checked the pins, Pin26 is BR/W, Pin27 is BR/LG and Pin46 is GY/R (on my diagram the right ones) Pin47 is GY/W

that's correct...last time i do this when my wife is talking to me, sorry.

did you get the 5v on the BR/LG wire with the TPS connected or disconnected or both???

if connected or both,
clear the codes. key OFF.
disconnect DPFE sensor connector.
jumper the connector at the BR/LG and BR/W terminals on harness.

did code 337 appear??

that's correct...last time i do this when my wife is talking to me, sorry.

did you get the 5v on the BR/LG wire with the TPS connected or disconnected or both???

if connected or both,
clear the codes. key OFF.
disconnect DPFE sensor connector.
jumper the connector at the BR/LG and BR/W terminals on harness.

did code 337 appear??

i have 5v at the BR/RED wire with TPS connected and disconnected?
was jumping BR/LG and BR/W and still get 337? sorry, it's 327

i have 5v at the BR/RED wire with TPS connected and disconnected?
was jumping BR/LG and BR/W and still get 337? sorry, it's 327

so, when you jumped it you still got the code 327, NOT a code 337, right??
by jumping the connector we were trying to induce a code 337.

let's verify the Reference voltage(VREF) 5.0v...you said you got it on the BR/LG wire at the DPFE. on what wire do you get 5.0v at the TPS??

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234040

you all may want to read about my fun with the egr system and code 327 .....loads of fun but i got it corrected this may or may not help you but may give you some insight ...also check out mikeinri's post # 6 ( link to his code 327 problems )

so, when you jumped it you still got the code 327, NOT a code 337, right??
by jumping the connector we were trying to induce a code 337.

let's verify the Reference voltage(VREF) 5.0v...you said you got it on the BR/LG wire at the DPFE. on what wire do you get 5.0v at the TPS??

on the TPS i get 5.0v at BR/W, shoudn't i get 5.0v at the DPFE BR/W wire too?
maybe sombody hooked them up wrong where they meet at the TPS sensor?

Hi Scott,
i checked those threads a couple times, even bought the original DPFE sensor (after i had one aftermarket one) because mikeinri solved his problem, both, aftermarket and original ditn't solve it. somebody in the thread had changed the IAC (or cleaned it) and check engine light was gone after that, i changed mine but still the same issue.
both parts cost me about $ 420.- , now i wanna be sure before i change another sensor, i still think its the wiring, where to you get 5.0v on your DPFE and TPS?

on the TPS i get 5.0v at BR/W, shoudn't i get 5.0v at the DPFE BR/W wire too?
yes, you should.

you could check the continuity of the harness.

Key OFF, ECM disconnected.
measure resistance between BR/W wire at TPS and BR/W wire at DPFE.

should be 0 Ohms.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Scott,
i checked those threads a couple times, even bought the original DPFE sensor (after i had one aftermarket one) because mikeinri solved his problem, both, aftermarket and original ditn't solve it. somebody in the thread had changed the IAC (or cleaned it) and check engine light was gone after that, i changed mine but still the same issue.
both parts cost me about $ 420.- , now i wanna be sure before i change another sensor, i still think its the wiring, where to you get 5.0v on your DPFE and TPS?

yeah , what i did was i thought my idle/surgeing problems were "iac" related so i went to the yard and bought 3 of them ...cleaned all of them ( thought i cleaned ....) anyways ,took the best looking/ tested iac and installed it and then after figureing out it was not a iac issue i went and bought a new dpfe sensor....then come to find out that the iac i had installed was bad so i had to put another one of the engine and problem resolved......took a combonation of the two parts being in good working order to fix the engine problems and cel light from not returning .i was getting to the point of thinking that it was the tps and or the pcm it's self ( really pulling my hair out on it )

let ask .....dumb question i know but, is the wire harness connectors on the dpfe ,it's good right ...no broken lock tabs or anything or corrosion in the connector ??

Back