Code p0128 after radiator change | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Code p0128 after radiator change

Matt98svt

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Eddie Bauer v6 4.0
Recently replaced the radiator on my 2007 4.0 v6 explorer due to a crack in the plastic top (common problem). Also replaced the thermostat housing as it was leaking once again (replaced by dealership 1 yr ago, this time with dorman brand housing vs ford). Flushed the radiator and refilled trying to get any air out. Runs perfect but has been giving code p0128 as the coolant never seems to come up to temp. On the gauge the highest it will rise to is the lowest line of normal operating temperature and will then drop back down a little below the lowest line of normal operating temp. The code is showing faulty coolant temperature sensor, which I haven't replaced yet because it worked fine before changing the thermostat housing and radiator. Took out the thermostat and tested it and it opens and closes fine in boiling water. Thermostat says 92 degrees C on it. Possibly I got the top of the coolant temp sensor wet while doing the coolant flush that messed it up but just trying to rule out other possible causes other than the sensor. When I turn the heater on it blows very warm, but not as hot as it once did so not sure what to think of that. any idea what is causing the low coolant temp?

Back