• Register Today It's free!

Coil spacer dimensions

mussey ex

Reaction score
City, State
Franklin, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 EXPLORER XLT
I have a set of Daystar coil spacers installed in my vehicle. Looking to make a set of aluminum ones. Any body have dimensions or a blue print?

Kinda hard to measure the ones on the vehicle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Minimum O.D. should be 3", and 1-3/8" I.D. Lift height will be the total thickness of the spacer ×1.5 (or 2" lift from a 1.33" thick spacer).

A stack of four or five 1-3/8" I.D. washers (welded around the edges) can work as coil spacers.

Thanks.

Do you happen to know what the diameter is at the top(part that fits inside the spring) of the spacer?

I don't think I will be using the plastic insulator or the bell shaped seat.

I don't have that dimension offhand. Normally the bell-shaped seat is used on top of the spacer.

I know this is an older thread, but i am curious of how that whole 1.5x spacer high works when you have a matching axle pivot drop bracket. If say you made a 1.3" spacer with stock equipment it would lift 2" but you then run into issues with front end parts wear, so if you build a pivot drop bracket, it levels the axles back out, so with that set up would you need a 2" spacer for 2" lift?

If I'm understanding you correctly, it would be redundant to do that. You can get camber/caster adjusters to handle a 2" leveling lift without much troubles and without a drop bracket. Less work and more effective than your approach. Higher lifts require drop brackets to retain alignment and allow for extra travel or cut and turned beams.

If I'm understanding you correctly, it would be redundant to do that. You can get camber/caster adjusters to handle a 2" leveling lift without much troubles and without a drop bracket. Less work and more effective than your approach. Higher lifts require drop brackets to retain alignment and allow for extra travel or cut and turned beams.

I'm not worried about alignment so much as suspension part wear. extreme angles like with a 2" coil spacer (without other additions) will put more wear on U joints, steering parts, (not to mention it will make the steering sloppier if I don't add some sort of longer pitman arm). It would also make the Radius arma and bushings wear out faster (I was going to build a full kit, not just the pivots and spacers) so I am just trying to figure out if with those modifications, would i have to make the spacers actually 2" tall.

I wouldn't consider 2" extreme. I have Skyjacker 2" coils to lift my front up and everything lined up nicely and with +/- 4 degree camber bushings alignment was in good shape. A bit of bump steer is present but I haven't purchased a drop pitman arm yet. With stock RA's, I understand the travel isn't as good as it you might think so you ought to be good. If you go with extended RA's and the light lift you might start to see issues at full pack of droop...might

Back