• Register Today It's free!

coil spacer/shackle/aal lift?

MountainMonkey

Reaction score
City, State
canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 xlt
hey everyone. i run a big lifted first gen and a buddy wants to buy a 2" suspension lift from me to put in his 97... anyways i know the aal and shackles will work with a 97 but does anyone know if you can use coil spacers on a second gen?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey everyone. i run a big lifted first gen and a buddy wants to buy a 2" suspension lift from me to put in his 97... anyways i know the aal and shackles will work with a 97 but does anyone know if you can use coil spacers on a second gen?

No because 2nd gens don't have front coils.

hmm thats kinda what i figured. did a bit of reasearch on the tt lift... not entirely sure about the whole process or how exactly it lift but seams simple enough. one question though, is a new like extended torsion key needed? or does this type of lift just use stock parts?

Its simply tightening bolts underneath the vehicle, there are many threads about this and a simple search can help you out a ton

hmm thats kinda what i figured. did a bit of reasearch on the tt lift... not entirely sure about the whole process or how exactly it lift but seams simple enough. one question though, is a new like extended torsion key needed? or does this type of lift just use stock parts?

i just did this to my 97 XLT. all stock parts aside from the shackles and if you want to swap the shackle bolts. i did mine with Copperhead fab 2" lift shackles, 1/2" weather-proof nuts and bolts and a few simple tools. here is the write up i used. it showed me almost everything i wanted to know.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329062

good luck :salute:

thanks. that was a very usefull thread! one question though, is it possible to twist the bolt to far? or does it just stop when its as far as it can go?

depends, if you have a 4x4, you should only go 2" cause you will wear out drive shafts, joints and things of the sort like there is no tomorrow. if you have a 2WD, turn that sucker till it wont turn no more.

Back