coil spring retainers

Four0Sport

Jack from JackOffRoad
Reaction score
City, State
West Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 2dr
For some reason the drivers coil likes to slide out of my duff sas buckets. front diff sits straight under the vehicle, coil lines up great, no issue at all with the passenger side. I thought about adding aother retaining strap to the front side of the bucket but wondered if anyone else had an issue with this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..My set up is different so I am no help with your set up question but..

..You can use an ordinary hose clamp to try it out for retaining in that position first..It may just solve your issue..;)

..IIRC the "J" hooks are now about $20 a pair new and they still bend and I know several guys who just use a single or double hose clamp on each side without any problems...

..The good news is, you know your shocks are not the limiting factor..:D

..Limiting straps also help with this problem for those researching this too...;)

..IIRC the "J" hooks are now about $20 a pair new and they still bend and I know several guys who just use a single or double hose clamp on each side without any problems...

Raises hand. I'm using a hose clamp now.

I used to use strap steel bent over and bolted to the top of the upper coil mount. I kept breaking the screws and/or .25" bolts that held the j hook on. Now I just use a hose clamp. So far I haven't broke them but if I do it takes a couple minutes to put another one on.. and I carry spare hose clamps anyway.

~Mark

i used a 1 1/8"(i think) exhaust clamp. worked for me lol. might need a different size for your buckets
IMG_20110919_185859.jpg

Back