• Register Today It's free!

Coil spring spacers

Jager

Reaction score
City, State
San Clemente, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer
So i saw jutgins ride from a little while back, and i saw he used coil spring spacers (spring-lox)

I am trying to find some coil spacers online, and don't know which ones fit. btw im not talking about the spacers that go ontop of strut assembly that BTF fabs, im talking about actual spacers inside of the coil.

like these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pair...Accessories&hash=item230bd54648#ht_2454wt_941

What size coils do 3rd gen explorers have? I know pep boys sells the spring locks, put they sell cheap rubber ones the pop out, or the screw kinds. I am trying to find spacers like the one in the link above.

anyways thanks in advance!

Keep in mind that I dont know s**t about any of this stuff.

Would these be an easier or harder install than the btf spacers?

Also wouldnt these decrease your travel?

These are 100x easier than installing spacers as you only have to remove the wheel. Problem is that these aren't a good alternative. They pop up and can damage the coil. Yes, you are right, it decreases travel, and also puts some stress on the coils.

The BTF spacers are apparently easy to install. I wouldn't know but I have my set coming in the mail as we speak. I gave up on spring locks as they aren't for offloading. If you have the right tools, patience, and time, im sure you could install them yourself. But again, in my case, my mechanic is installing then for me for $100 which I think is a great price. Saves me time and effort. Occluded it differs from mechanic to mechanic, but just ask them how much they will charge to remove the strut assembly, cause essentially that's all your doing when your installing these.

Joe

future readers of this thread - IGNORE

just buy spacers. spring lox are a joke.

Back