• Register Today It's free!

Cold Air Intake (CAI) Discussion

Mdanielswv18

Reaction score
City, State
Hurricane, wv
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 Explorer Sport
Is anyone making a cold air intake for the Ecoboost Sport yet? One site I was on said the K&N would fit it, but K&Ns site says it is not compatible.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I want this too...
I I am sure once these takew off there will be a ton of aftermarket

Yeah there is a ton of stuff out there for the f150s with the ecoboost. I'm sure the companies will have something out soon.

Wonder if the SHO intake fits or the 3.5L NA. SHO engine bays "look" to be arranged the same

I just emailed K&N and Roush to see if the one for the SHO will fit or if they plan on making anything anytime soon. The AFE for the f150 Ecoboost certainly looks agressive with its dual intakes and dual filters.

Well nothing made or in the making from Afe, Roush or K&N. They said the SHO intakes wont fit either. Anyone find anything else?

well that sux

I have a 12 SHO and the airbox and plumbing are exactly like the 13 Sport I just picked up. Unless there are some small differences that I'm not seeing they are interchangeable. I'm absolutely positive the filters are the same.

I have a 12 SHO and the airbox and plumbing are exactly like the 13 Sport I just picked up. Unless there are some small differences that I'm not seeing they are interchangeable. I'm absolutely positive the filters are the same.

Let us know how it goes *grin*

Looks like I will have to give it a try once mine comes in if no one else makes anything before then.

well I have fingers crossed...

Let us know how it goes *grin*
Just put a K&N in and was looking at my 12 SHO and the filter and the airbox are exactly the same. I'll bet the N/A 3.5 and the ecoboost 4 are the same also as the 13 Sport.

"same" as in mounting points and all? im ready to jump...

sweet I am in.... gonna now look for one

I was going to try the airraid kit for the SHO, but now I think I am just going to give the k&n 77series for the regular Explorer a shot. The guys at CarID said they are sure it would fit and if not I can send it back on them. I like the K&N because it has the metal intake tube instead of the plastic one on the Airraid. You should be able to hear the turbos spool better with the metal one. It is a lot cheaper at Partsgeek.com, but I am going to have to look at their return policy.

Part number?

I am new to this forum and I have a 2013 Sport as well. Can I get some more info like part numbers, makes, models, manufactures, etc...?
Thanks

I am new to this forum and I have a 2013 Sport as well. Can I get some more info like part numbers, makes, models, manufactures, etc...?
Thanks

I have been looking into the K&N and the Airaid. Anything that fits the Flex Eco or SHO will fit the Sport. K&N does have a better tube but no half box to sit in. Airaid has the box but has a plastic tube.
They are both on Ebay for 215-269.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back