Cold Air Intake? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cold Air Intake?

look at some of the other pics. It was white and blue then I painted it deep amethist pearl from Chrysler. My friend did the airbrush work and added the flaming skull.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is there a way to make the pipe turn down and get cold air from under the truck on a 93???????

Stupid question, how do you prevent water from getting in?

sorry, that was directed to jr91x.

Bnichols--purdue is right that you will suck water up from under the truck unless you live in the desert. I don't have any problems because there is enough room for the water to go around the filter. I still have not gotten any water in there yet and that includes washing the truck at a power washer, driving in downpours, and driving in severe snow storms. It does help the truck stay cooler and have a lot more power especially on the highway.
As far as underneath. I will see if there is a way that I can find to go underneath with some sort of filter so water does not enter.

actually--if the pipe for the air is faced downward from the intake and then angled forward with a slight declining angle, you should not scoop the water because it does not suck that hard from the intake and the water would not have any place to collect. The water would not go up such a tube. The import cars have it so why not an explorer if it does not go through water crossings. The other thing is that you would have to replace your air filter sooner because you would collect alot of road debris. Just get a washable filter.

intake

There are several intakes available. Does anyone have an opinion on best and worst. Drop in or replacement. Mac, K&N.ect. Best bang for the buck.

I think you'll find the majority of people here like the KKM, probably for the price as well as the fact that its pretty much the only one you can get for the first generation. I just recently put mine on and I like it so far. Due to other issues I'm having, I haven't really got to fully appreciate it.

Back