Colorado Colors Run 09 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado Colors Run 09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has a date and a place been set yet.

Nothing official, but my thoughts/plans...

The official run will be over Labor Day weekend - Fri, Sat, Sun, leaving Mon as a drive-home day. I am planning on arriving in Colorado the previous Sunday night - I plan on spending a week wheeling, camping, hiking and exploring.

No plans as to where yet, and of course, anyone who wants can join up. I'm sure we will come up with some cool places to go!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I might be in for this, Im moving to back to colorado next month.

I'll be tentatively in. Depending on if I think my Explorer can make the trip then actually do some wheeling. lol

Hey everybody! The wife and I are trying to decide if we can do the trip this year. We are still discussing, and my folks also expressed a little interest in going as well. I found out after going last year that my step-mom used to go to Ouray every summer when she was a kid, and was very excited to find out that we went. So...she would like to make a trip back to see it again, and drag my dad with her. I figured they could rent a Jeep (enter all the booing here) and follow along. But, here comes the kicker to the whole trip and why we aren't sure if we will be able to come this year. WE'RE PREGNANT! Still haven't figured out what causes that yet, but we have it narrowed down to a couple things. The baby's due date is within 2 days of my youngest son's birthday, so we think it is probably due to the New Year. Crazy huh? Who woulda thunk that everytime the New Year rolls around, we're gonna have another kid? Anyway, the due date is October 7th, so we're not sure the doc will let us go. We'll have to ask at our next appointment, which isn't for another month. But if we get the go-ahead, then count us in. I'm working on getting some new tires on the X that are bigger than the stock ones I have on it now. Just trying to decide what I want. That's a subject for another post (look it up on the Modified First Gen page)

Jeff

I will subscribe to this and try to make it this time.

...Jeff, you got to tell Beth to quit dropping the penny...:D

...Congrats on the pregnancy...:salute:

...Jeff, you got to tell Beth to quit dropping the penny...:D

I haven't heard that phrase in a while!!!

Congrats Jeff. I think your wife will be fine - she'll only be 8 months pregnant. We'll just take the milder trails. I am (was?) an EMT - never delivered a baby, but really, how hard can it be???? ;)

Are we planning this for labor day? I work weekends and thats possibly the hardest weekend to get off.

Yes. I plan on being there the entire week before Labor Day, too.

...If you are going to be there early, we could do an actual axle swap while we are waiting around...:scratch:

Hmm....never heard of dropping the penny. Do you mean dropping her panties? I can see that one working. Anyways...we wanna come, just not sure yet. Where is it gonna be this year? Ouray again?

Oh, I have to deliver and install it????????

Hmm....never heard of dropping the penny.

The woman is supposed to hold the penny between her knees - keeps her from getting pregnant.

Ouray will definitely be one our stops.

Scratch me off. I need to save my time off for hunting. Sorry boys

I have heard the one about the doctor giving a woman an aspirin tablet and telling her to keep it between her knees, but not the penny one LOL

so where are we shooting for, for the main run, we won't be able to tour the state in a weekend Silverthorne was awesome Salida is great Ouray was amazing however it was just last year

Moab is over its time to start figuring out some definates! and labor day will book up fast!

Oh, I have to deliver and install it????????

...What's better to do in another State than, a couple Ranger Enthusiast getting together to swap an axle in, on someone else's property...:hammer:

...Or, we could just find a hole in the wall bar and swap stories...:biggthump

...I am up for where ever it is held at pending, work and getting the front of the Ranger fixed...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you guys wanting to go to Ouray? Or... am I getting the feeling that Ouray is old hat cause that is where everyone went last year? Sounds like some don't want to tackle Black Bear again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back