Colorado Colors Run 2000 | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado Colors Run 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well, I'm on track for colorado (no need to worry yet gerald!).

Got my dual shocks done, front bearings tight.

Need to replace my rotors (warped), pads (I don't want to run old pads with new rotors), and the drivers side radius arm bracket (bent and torn the weld) (superlift is sending me a new one), but that all can wait till after Colorado.

Got all the camp gear ready, camera batteries charged up, and routes to get there from here in my head (boring.. I80 to SLC, SLC/I-15 hwy6, hwy6 to I70, I70 to hwy 50, hwy 50 to hwy 550, hwy 550 to ouray.. done!)

Later!

Gerald,

Jen is right about needing to organize the potluck. I will assume, even though it could make an a$$ out of you and me, that everybody will bring their own meats. Now, I think we need people to sign up to bring side dishes such as corn on the cob, baked beans, potato salad, green salad, etc. I think if we have 2 people bring the same thing that will help with the cost. What do you think?

Rick and I have a 5 ft. folding table, a propane grill and a propane stove. We have other miscellaneous things as well. We will be going through the rest of our stuff later today.

I think we should get a list of what people have so we can make sure we have enough stuff to cook for 30+ people.

Just my $.02.

pot luck

Char
We have a little fold down table (4'X2') that we will bring along as well as a propane stove that has two burners on it.
I would think most people will have there own utensils so the biggest thing is just the food.
I don't know what the set up is, but if we can all meet close to the Kabins which some of us are staying in, they should have tables next to them.
If there is a sign up sheet you can put us down for bringing brownies.
You need a little something for desert.
FIVE MORE DAYS!!!
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
That's for the three of us!!

Being single, it's easiest if you tell me what I would need to bring to the potluck, and in what quantity.

This includes if desired, bringing something from the Bay area (seafood? hmm..)

Tom,
I'm not going to be there, but how about some real San Fran sourdough bread? That's one of the things I make sure I get whenever I'm up there. It's been over 2 months and have withdrawal symptoms. Dead Link Removed

Jen, Char, you are REALLY stretching my organizational skills....

Okay, the womenfolk say that "potluck" doesn't need to totally rely on the "luck" part of the name and we need to plan for that too :rolleyes:

I just thought everyone could bring beer :D
Dead Link Removed

How about this: I'll start a "Potluck" thread and everyone sign up what they will bring. First come, first choice on what to bring. The later you notice the thread the more you will be pressured to bring whatever might be missing (veggies, etc). I'm bringing a pot of homemade chili.

Here we go, another thread. Check it out.

SWR Meter

Wabbit,

I should have my swr meter, etc., too..... just in caseRick forgets. ;)

Thanks Ray, and Rick...

It will be nice to get this unit dialed in and see how well it works.
It is a Midland 75-822 handheld that converts to a "all in the mic" mobile.
Dead Link Removed

See ya soon!!

[Edited by wabbit on 08-28-2000 at 05:00 AM]

Hey!

what you doing with my CB radio wabbit?

First they try to steal my motorcycle, then they hit the truck and steal my kenwood cd/radio, now my CB!

:D

Oh, if your desperate for a CB, and can wait to get your money back, they run specials at http://www.cyberrebate.com

The waiting game is on again...

I dropped my truck off this morning and didn't hear exactly what I would have liked to have heard. They said they will do their best to get it done by Wednesday. I would have like to have heard it will be done by the end of the day.

You see I took a back seat to one of the race trucks they've been working on. The owner of FLY-N-HI took it for a test drive this weekend with the trucks owner. Anyway, the boss landed the truck on it's nose, cracked the frame, broke a spindle and a busted a few other componenets.

I'm trying to think positive and I keep telling myself it will be done.

Rick - if not don't sweat it I've got a few empty seats (hopefully) so you can ride with me.

I appreciate that Matt, it's just I really want to go with my truck this time. We were already there once this summer in the VW and it's just not the same...

No matter what though, we'll be there.

Options.....

I'm really praying about your truck Rick. I want to see the set-up! However, if things don't work out you could rent a Jeep ;)

( Go easy, I had to say it... )

Good Luck

Rotary Park

Can I safely assume that there is a sign on the side of the road that says Rotary Park? Or shall I just drive around and look for 17 Explorers!?!?

Over the weekend, I repacked my wheel bearings and replaced the front brakes and calipers. However, I found my upper ball joint was loose. Closer inspection revealed the pinch bolt was loose. I tighted it, and went to the alignment shop this morning - they REALLY tightened it. They also checked my alignment - it was fine. I am Good-to-GO!

One more day, and I'm outa here! :bounce:

Scott there is a sign. The park is just North of Ouray on the East side of the road.

[Edited by Char on 08-28-2000 at 05:55 PM]

AAGGH, the suspense!! I hate the last few days before a big event. Guess I never resolved those childhood Christmas Eve issues.

My CB is installed and I am pumped. We managed to hid the antenna wires all the way to the top of the weather stripping. I got a radio check reply on 19 from about 1.5 miles and it was clear as glass.

My "fix" for the front tow hook was this: There is a frame cross member just ahead of the tie rods. It has some factory holes, one is about 1/3 of the way to the driver side. With just a little rasping it's big enough for a 5/8ths D-Ring pin to fit. I got this snazzy little asymetrical D that straddles the cross member (as well as the ball hole in the rear bumper). It has a key pin to hold 5/8ths pin in the D, so it will go in and out quickly. Now I know that neither of these connections are much for taking a hard jerk. But, my truck came with the factory towing package so the back bumper is reinforced and has redundant frame mounts, so that will do in a pinch.

Thought this might help some of ya'll out.

Tammy and I probably won't make it to the pot luck but we were wondering about our own cooking. Do we need to bring firewood for a camp fire? I know there have been fire bans around there. With no gas stove, we may be looking at PB&J for the weekend.

Stove

Hey Darkman,
We will be staying in a Kabin at the KOA, so you might be able to share our stove if we are close enough to each other. We have only a couple meals planned to use the stove, the rest are snack type lunches when on the trail.

We are like you, this week will go SO SLOW waiting for Friday to get here. Our Exploder is at the 4x4 shop getting the last few things finished up that I couldn't do.

:bounce: 3 more days!!!! :bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

RE-Clarification

I rececived an email last night that makes me realize I need to post this again. Even though we have covered this subject a couple of times on different Colorado threads, it needs to be repeated. I do not wish to leave any room for misinterpretation:

CB's are REQUIRED in every vehicle participating in this run. Do not show up without one.

I'm leaving tomorrow! :bounce: YIPPEE ! :bounce: See all of you very soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back