Colorado Colors Run 2000 | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado Colors Run 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray - I just bought a digital camera with plenty of memory so I'm planning on taking LOTS AND LOTS of pictures, hopefully bringing my moms laptop too so once those fill up, just download em, delete em, and take some more :).

By the way, does someone whos renting a cabin (I think they come with electricity right) mind letting me use some electricity for a while after the runs, and also letting me store some stuff there during the day like my clothes and stuff? Let me know!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Matt, the tentsites should also have power.

Last post for me, I'm gone RIGHT NOW !!!

[Edited by GJarrett on 08-30-2000 at 06:56 AM]

Storage

Matt, I have a Cabin and I'm sure I can help with storage. That's one reason I got the cabin. Your welcome store stuff.

Mi Kabin es Su Kabin

We'd be happy to help anyone out with power, storage or anything else - just let us know. Additionally, for anyone who doesn't have a CB, I'll have 2 spare handhelds with me. They're not the best as far as range goes, but they work...
Can't believe we'll be heading out in less than 2 days!!! :bounce:

same here, anyone is welcomed to store anything in our cabin.......as longs if its not any of Matt's PIAA paraphanalia.

Wheeeooo!

FINALLY!!!

Got the Explorer back 8PM last nite, All prepped, New KO's on,m Loaded on the trailer, and were headed out!!

Will be arriving at the R-Way SOOOper 8. late Thursday nite!!

C-YA all real soon :D

thanks for the offers everyone, much appreciated :). Hey mmpc - when are you planning on leaving the denver area? I have no idea how to get to ouray :).

Matt - That's what GPS is for. :)

What's with all these trucks showing up on trailers. I guess I could put Explorer on my trailer and pretend like I'm going. Seriously, everyone have fun :)

ok, well Im gonna be there sometime on Friday thats for sure. I'm in the mix 100.3 live audience friday (woohoo!) until 8 am, then i gotta pack and stuff then I'll get up there...d oubt I'll make it in time for yankee boy basin though. By the way, I started about a week ago on Accutane, its an anti-acne mediciation and so far it ives me some great side effects. 1) EXTREME sensitivity to the sun so if you see me putting on sunscreen about every hour or so, thats why 2) already started doing the first breakout (doctors said it would happen) so I'll look worse then before (lol) and 3) extreme drying up, so I've got my thing of moisturizer and chap stick with me if anyone needs it. No one tease me though! If it turns out I'm too sensitive to the sun at that altitude, I will be coming home on Sunday, no sense giving myself skin cancer for a few days of fun. See everyone on Friday, and please, don't tease me because Im different :)

[Edited by mattadams on 08-30-2000 at 08:24 PM]

OK we are all packed up and ready to go! Its weird, while I was getting ready tonight, I thought to myself, "wow, other people across the US, are getting ready for the same thing at this exact same moment, as I am." Cant wait to meet everyone.
Oh yaaaaa, I have the TV so I hope the person who is charge of the VCR doesnt forge it.

See ya in Colorado!

Matt Adams,

Would we tease anybody on this board? :nono: I can't think of us ever teasing any Herculined person! :D We're family! :p
JUST KIDDING! Rick didn't think you would think I was kidding so just wanted to let you know I am just kidding. Did I forget to say I was just kidding?

:bounce: We will be on the road in 10 hours. I can't wait.
See everyone there Saturday.

ha ha char, we'll see you there...

So close it hurts... but it's a good kinda hurt..

Rob,
The weather here (Ouray area)has been cooling off a bit. Nice and sunny in the morning. It clouds up for scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. BTW, a rockin' thunderstorm in a high mountain valley is quite the experience...
It's been 70-80's midday, cooling off to 40-50's at night in the mountains. Bring a variety of clothes and bring bathing suits for sure.
And, yes, I would very much like to get that tupperware.
Write me back if you get this...

Matt,
Christine has a big floppy hat you can borrow if needed. It is one of those straw ones with a pink scarf around it. So if you need it, make sure to bring something to wear that goes with pink.
Also, if you get to Ouray in the afternoon and wanna get up to Yankee Boy Basin. It is the first right turn south of town. It's not far, just keep to the right past the mine.

See ya soon.

[Edited by wabbit on 08-31-2000 at 07:13 AM]

Gettin' Outta Denver...

Matt, we're planning on leaving Littleton around 6:30am tomorrow in hopes of making it in time for the Yankee Boy run. As for route, we haven't yet decided (member, Procrastinators-R-Us ;)) but it'll be either 285 through Poncha Springs or I-70 to Glenwood, then south through Carbondale...

Rod, I'm the person bringing the VCR; don't worry, I won't forget! Just to confirm something though, your TV does has video/audio inputs (RCA jacks) in addition to the standard coax/antenna connector right...?

One more day... :bounce:

Chris,
Yep, you got it, it has both types, i'll bring an extra coax cable just in case.
We are leaving in a few hours, see yall there!

Ready to Go!

Well it's almost time. It's hard to stay focused at work now too.

Oil change is done, front end alignment #11 is done, front bearings repacked, Flares installed ( except the door piece )All I have left to do is pack the truck. Everything is sitting in the garage waiting to be loaded.

I'll be on the road by 6:00 P.M. ( I hope ) and off to Amarillo for the first night, then Ouray by 7:00 on Friday night!

See Ya'll there!

Ouray Update

Geralds there!

NewsFlash...........

Weather. 59 degrees and misting. 2:00 P.M. Local time

Road advisory!

Avoid 550 out of Albuqurque at all cost. 180 miles of construction. Gravel trucks doing 5 mph. Much stop & go.
8 HOURS to get to Ouray from Alb.

Suggestion.

Go west on 40 to Hwy 371 ( Thoreau ). Go North on 371 to Farmington and catch 550 there, should shave 2 hours off of trip.

Good Luck and tell them the Texans are coming!

:bounce:

Only 2 hours till we hit the road.
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Trucks on the trailer...just waiting for Char to get home from work. It's been an exciting day. Someone bought Char's Camaro today and the permanant plates just arrived for the Dodge.

Another young lady bought Char's Camaro. I bet the license plate frame that says "Bad ass toys aren't just for boys" sold it for her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back