• Register Today It's free!

Coming Soon

Circa X

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 X sport
I have found someone in tawain who has made a mold for the carbon fiber hood for an expo. I will be getting mine hopefully in the next month or so. No pics are available as of yet, but as soon as i have mine i will post pics of immediately. As far as the roll pan goes there isn't an expected date of delivery as of yet. But we definitely progressing forward on it....

Also i am just trying to find out if anyone is interested in hood like this.... Just let me know and once they are fully here for sale i will let everyone know....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is it just gonna be an oem style hood or will it have some kind of scoop or something?

from what i was told just an oem, which still will look good, atleast i think so

when i got in a wreck last chrismas, i was looking on ebay for a new hood and found one of these. didnt buy it, but apparently they are out there

lol, a carbon fiber hood on an explorer. weight reduction from three tons to two tons and 1950 lbs

it may be me, but i think that carbon fiber hoods look totally ridiculous on cars unless the cars are black. It is just totally stupid in my mind to have a red car with a black hood, i know that you cant or it is hard as hell to paint carbon fiber so why get them?....who would be worried about weight savings on a 5000lb SUV? I am not tryin to be an ass, i guess i just need some sort of educated explanation other than the ones i get from my friends that tell me it makes their civics 12 second cars and autocross kings...

i must be becoming a ricer, because i want one. lol. I wont be able to come up with enough money though, so i dont think id buy one unless it was super cheap (like the price of one for a civic)

well i do agree with that onsome levels, but not all. In my eyes in not a factor of weight savings it more a factor of being the first and only person to have one. I think they are a cool add on. I am just thinking on the level of being custom, i guess that comes when you own your own shop. But hey like my dad used to always say"opinions are like assholes, everone has one and they all stink". Just my $.02.... lol:)

Originally posted by Circa X
"opinions are like assholes, everone has one and they all stink".

HEY!!! That's my line. I've used it on this board before. It's perfectly true too.

Anyhow, I also think the carbon hoods are pretty cool. Don't know if I want one of these or a cowl induction hood. Another guy has one of those being made, so I guess when they're both out I'll decide.

I want a fully functioning Shaker Hood but hey i can dream right. lol

Johhny Island, You mean like this one:

Exp1small.jpg
Exp2small.jpg

http://www.profinish-proglass.com/thehoods/fordCompact.html

That hood is great for you, but for the rest of us, we're out of luck. They don't plan on making one anytime soon for the 2000 and lower...

I think a carbon fiber hood would look badass if it was on the right truck. Definately a black or a contrasting white might look cool. but i mean, the truck would have to seriously be tricked. I mean, 20's and dropped with the grille and everything. i don't think the average X could pull it off.

that shaker hood gave me goosebumps. i must have one.

Back