Intake for 3.5L non EcoBoost - Coming soon! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Intake for 3.5L non EcoBoost - Coming soon!

And the cost is?? :D

There is nothing on the website yet its too new, they did not advise via email but the INJEN EcoBoost one is $224 so Im going to guess its the same.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just emailed my rep to check on pricing and availability!

Ready to pull the trigger on one of these, just trying to see which vendor has the best deal.:scratch:

Ready to pull the trigger on one of these, just trying to see which vendor has the best deal.:scratch:

CarID had it for $277

Let me know what you find because I will likely buy from the same place if its less then CarID

Auto Anything has it for $249.99. Part number is PF9006P. I was able to find it by looking up the 2013 Explorer fit. Tempting if this is the one for non-ecoboosts...

Auto Anything has it for $249.99. Part number is PF9006P. I was able to find it by looking up the 2013 Explorer fit. Tempting if this is the one for non-ecoboosts...

I'll twist your arm some more. It is the non eco and just ordered it from auto anything and shipped is 212 and change with the holiday special running right now.:D

Thanks for finding that out, Im pulling the trigger too

How did you get it down to $212 I only see free Hydro cover offer?

Update, I figured it out, you log on as a member and that gives you the discount.

Got it for $212 shipped, awesome deal.

Happy to share, best deal out right now. :thumbsup:

Seems like a bit of a shipping delay did you get the same message?

Injen Power-Flow Cold Air Intake System (Qty: 1)
Power Flow Air Intake System without Power-Box
Revised Shipping Date: 6/11/2013

Update: contacted INJEN the delay is because they have not finished QC on this model.

Also their tech support confirmed both the EcoBoost and Non-EcoBoost version DO NOT come with PowerBox. Im hoping that still means there is a shield that blocks hot engine air from filter end.

Got the same message, new ship date is june 7th.

Wow QC must be finished, new message says shipped today!:D

Wow QC must be finished, new message says shipped today!:D

Not me

I ordered Wrinkle Black so it would look a little more stock.....might be why mine is delayed

Mine showed up yesterday, but we have a tropical storm coming through :eek: so I'll have to wait till it passes to put it on.

Mine showed up yesterday, but we have a tropical storm coming through :eek: so I'll have to wait till it passes to put it on.

Please take some pics Im dying to see it. Mine is still in Transit.

Can you open up the box and tell me if it comes with a heat shield.......I know it doesn't have a PowerBox but the heat shield is kinda required for air to be cold from the grill not engine heated.

It's beautiful, pics are exactly like the ones in this thread except for the sock on the filter. And no heat sheild. :(

We both need to call their tech support and ask for ETA on heat shield.

Thats a big deal since its a Cold Air Intake

The other option is a SPORT grill because it has much more air flow to cool the hotter EcoBoost motor or cut out the plastic directly in front of the OEM air intake.

I already cut that piece out so I might try it instead of sending it back.

Come on Sarge - MAKE a sheild :) a bit of aluminum and a few cuts :)

then we can buy one from you !

Ya but if INJEN says its too difficult to do there must be a reason.

Seems a little strange since K&N has one already.

Got it installed and WoW! This thing is loud! :eek: When you run it through the gears like getting on the interstate it sounds cool, but in town lightly gassing it before it downshifts sounds like a jake brake on a semi, lol. Wife doesn't like it :( so we'll see. ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stop ur freakin me out now! What about a little extra throttle response in the lower RPM range?

I think the guys that passed on this INJEN model were right.

Back