How to: - Complete Body Detail | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: Complete Body Detail

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Here we go. I am going to do a complete body detail of my 98 Explorer. First will be a wash, then clay bar. The wash again, then use some compound to remove some scratches. Then will use a swirl remover. Then a glaze to bring out the shine. Then will use some Klasse All In 1 glaze to give it a final seal. After all of that then I will wax. I will list the products that I use, exactly as I use them.

Notice the new hood scoop, EE Airdam, billet grille and bumper billet. New CobraR mag wheels and Pirelli tires.

First set of pictures is after I washed her. Now getting ready to use a clay bar. The clay bar I am using is by Meguiar's.

BEFORE Clay Bar

215127-20BeforeClay1.JPG

215127-20BeforeClay2.JPG

215127-20BeforeClay3.JPG

215127-20BeforeClay4.JPG

215127-20BeforeClay5.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ronnie, now ya gotta get some clear headlights.

Have you considered removing the roof rack?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Ebay Al
Are alteezas

LOL, I just bought new head lights. I am running clear bulbs, silverstars I think. Those Altezza's are nice. I saw some that I almost bought, but they were like 130 a pair just for tailights. After I get it back and put some miles on it, I will get some new tails, which ones I don't know just yet.

I just can't afford to buy those other head lights in the group buy yet. Too many other things I want more.

aldive said:
Ronnie, now ya gotta get some clear headlights.

Have you considered removing the roof rack?
I don't know if I could ever remove the roof rack even though I never use it. Maybe 1 day I will. Knowing my luck, the day I remove it will be the day I need it, LOL.

Looking good BBQ, Did you/they make the hood scoop function? I know yo uicant have it hooked up to make it into your intake without some major fab work, but i thought mayeb they cut soem holes in the hood, to let air in to help cool, and maybe let hot air out while sittign still.....

But like i said, Looks good, now only if they would finish your radio, LOL

BBQ_HotDogs said:
I don't know if I could ever remove the roof rack even though I never use it. Maybe 1 day I will. Knowing my luck, the day I remove it will be the day I need it, LOL.

Consider just removing the cross bars ( a 10 min job ) and storing in the garage for the unlikely time you would need it.

I think I will remove those cross bars Al. That is a real good idea. Thanks.

XplorerKid said:
Looking good BBQ, Did you/they make the hood scoop function? I know yo uicant have it hooked up to make it into your intake without some major fab work, but i thought mayeb they cut soem holes in the hood, to let air in to help cool, and maybe let hot air out while sittign still.....

But like i said, Looks good, now only if they would finish your radio, LOL
It's not a fully funtioning hood scoop. It's just for looks.

BBQ_HotDogs said:
No, I took there shop truck. They have asked for it back, and I just laughed.

That should get them to work faster - I would have done the same months ago.

The wax job looks AWESOME!

BBQ_HotDogs said:
I think I will remove those cross bars Al. That is a real good idea. Thanks.

Makes it look a lot better AND ot does help with mileage.

This detail thread may not be finished now cause someone hit my truck last night. Pictures coming soon as I can get over there. There loaner won't start for me so I am so frustrated and crying right now.

What happened! That sucks major ass. All your work will have to be redone if they have to do a body repair.

You must be super frustrated. :(

And this is how she looks today. I keep her waxed and use a detail spray often and use my Oxy duster almost daily on her to keep the dust off.

2151210-5Elite17.JPG

2151210-5Elite20.JPG

2151210-5Elite16.JPG

Man, that is slick! Nice truck!

wow, thats all i have to say. Very nice. Couldnt have done it nicer.

This is off-topic but are those 17's or 18's?

Man I just read that whole thread from start to finish ! LOL Had me hooked better than most movies comin out nowadays ! LMAO . Awesome job on you X bud . That is one of the sharpest vehicles I have seen ! I wish you lived in PA to show me some tricks !

Back