S100 detail pics | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

S100 detail pics

Here are some pics of my freshly detailed '95 today. I used S100 for the first time, since I've heard so many good things about it. Here are the steps I took:

1. Wash with Dawn
2. Clay with Mothers gold bar
3. Wax with S100 2x

I wanted to put down some Meguiars #7 and 3M SMR before the S100, but I didn't have time today. Here are some reflection pics!

7134detailed1.jpg

7134detailed2.jpg

7134detailed3.jpg

I still have a bit of a swirl mark problem, but when I buy a PC and lay down some 3M SMR, I should be able to take care of those. :cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks sweet!!! But S100 can be melted in a few days under the hot sun. What I recommend next time is to lay something synthetic such as Blackfire, Klasse, or Zaino first, then layer S100 on it.

I got the PC a week ago. When I get the time, I'll get started SMR-ing my baby up!

looks great.. i need to get a pc myself..

I just found out today from your conversation with BM that you work in a CarWash place. I guess you know the tricks of the trade. :)

Your 8 year old truck looks like brand new, dude! Umm... I noticed there was no shot of the infamous Roll Pan... ;)

wow, nice work man

have you tried zaino? I hear its great too, been meaning to try it but haven't bothered spending the $100 for the kit yet tho

Looks awesome!!

I have a question, what everyone referring to as a pc? Sorry for the dumb question but I'm usually not in the detailing forum so I don't know the lingo.

PC stands for Porter Cable's 7424 or 7332 orbital polisher and sander. With the right pads and polish/wax, you will get most of the swirl marks off your paint and make it mirror smooth.

My buddy works for PC
He works in the repair dept.
For what ever that is worth.

S100 has a lot more depth than Zaino, but its not nearly as long lived. A lot of people actually use both, Zaino first then top with S100.

After I get my PC, I'm gonna follow these steps:

1. Wash
2. Clay
3. 3M SMR applied with PC
4. Meguiars #7 applied by hand
5. Meguiars #26 applied with PC
6. S100 two coats

That should clean my paint up real good. :D

sounds like a lot of work, how often do you do all that?

I try to wash my car once every 1 to 2 weeks weather allowing, currently I use armorall concentrate car wash, then meguiars liquid wax, mothers back to black on mirrors n stuff, and mothers chrome polish on my chrome and stainless, then armorall glass whipes, meguiars leathre whipes and black magic tire gel, butr I still have swirls scratches and waterspots under my paint, so I've been considering changing my methods, but as it stands this procedure alone takes about 4 hours depending on how painstaking I am about it.

I dont have nor have ever used any kind of polisher or orbital so I'm afraid to start cos I dont wanna burn my paint, I have a ryobi orbital of some kind that I got for christmas 1 year tho.

I'll hafta look into this S100 stuff, the zaino kit is $100 on www.zainobros.com I'd probablly need it all, how much is the S100 stuff?

It'll probably take me 7-8 hours just on the paint for the steps I mentioned above. You can get S100 at Harley dealers for about $15, or you can get it online.

Hartman, without the PC and SMR step, it took me 9 hours the first day. Then another hour or two the second to finish layering SG and the same the next day. Lastly, an hour putting S100. So total...14 hours in 3 days.

Back