considering a '95 Sport with 111K miles...pros and cons??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

considering a '95 Sport with 111K miles...pros and cons???

02XSport

Reaction score
City, State
GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Toyota 4Runner SE V8
One of my good friends is considering purchasing a '95 Explorer Sport with 111,000 miles on it for right around $3000. It seems to be in excellent condition with no noticable problems. Is 1995 a good year for explorers? Which engine came standard in the '95's? What problems would you expect with a '95 Explorer? And do you think this is a good deal?

He plans on purchasing this tomorrow, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

should be fine... however, that is a lot of miles....a rebuild of tranny and or engine may soon be needed... but if has no apparent problems... hsould be fine.... engine will be a 4.o liter OHV

I have a 95 and have had no major problems (original engine/tranny) The only things I have had to replace are the rear door handles, starter, brake pads and rotors, serpintine belt, belt tensioner, battery, t-stat, tires. Now mind you that is over a 3.5 year period. Also that many miles is average for a 95 ( I have 108k). I would also check www.kbb.com for blue book values on the truck.

kbb is very inaccurate..... that mileage is acceptable for a 95... my whacked out 94 had 110... my moms 96 has 147k on it now!

I say go for it. I had a 92 with 190,000 on the original engine and tranny and it still ran fine. I liked it good enough to trust the 93 I bought next with 130,000 all original. The 4.0 is a good engine- I have beat the hell out of both of my explorers and they wont die.

Back