Console Armrest - Options for fixing split/cracked covering? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Console Armrest - Options for fixing split/cracked covering?

BTR

Reaction score
City, State
MARIETTA, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT 4.0 SOHC 4DR 2WD
2000 Explorer XLT 4DR 2WD 4.0L SOHC JOB 1 (VIN E), 5-Speed Automatic O/D 5R55E, 150,000 miles.

The vinyl covering on my front console armrest (aka the lid of the console) is cracked and split open. Any suggestions for fixing or replacing it? Please advise. Many thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2000 Explorer XLT 4DR 2WD 4.0L SOHC JOB 1 (VIN E), 5-Speed Automatic O/D 5R55E, 150,000 miles.

The vinyl covering on my front console armrest (aka the lid of the console) is cracked and split open. Any suggestions for fixing or replacing it? Please advise. Many thanks.
I went too joe_Ann fabric store, and brought a yard of material. I brought the lid with me too match the color. Its held in place with Stapes . I believe quarter inch in length (homedepot). EB4x brought a replacement kit on Ebay.

there's companies that sell replacements. seem like theyre always the first things to be changed :p

I got my replacement cover a vendor on here. Unfortunately, I don’t think he is still a vendor on here, but his name was Zealous Interiors. High quality, and pry the closest match to the Willow green interior.

Sunny day:

1667675870542.jpeg

Cloudy day:

1667675926992.jpeg

E-Bay for me :)

Back