coolant fluid leak out back of engine | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

coolant fluid leak out back of engine

sduran24

Reaction score
City, State
denver colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer xls
so my 2000 explorer XLS overheated on my wife today, i went to where she turned it off and noticed it was low on coolant fluid, i filled it up and had her start it and drive home, when we got home it started pissin all over the driveway. i peaked through the wheel well and saw it squirting out the back of the engine, problem is I cant see exactly where it is coming from. Is there a hose that comes out the back approximately where the head meets the block, if not I just hope the block is not cracked in the back. any help will be appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thnx

first of all thanks alot. so that is back of the engine? i will look in the morning for sure thanks. what part of Hawaii? My sister lives in Maui.

it is the 4.0 OHV

Sorry, not familiar with the OHV. Use the '95-'01 "Search This Forum" box on the right.
Most auto parts stores rent coolant pressure test kits with a fully refundable deposit.
Call around for availability. BTW, I live on the island of Oahu in Kailua. Good luck!

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100

Back