Coolant Reservoir Boiling, need help! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Coolant Reservoir Boiling, need help!

Ranger Al

Reaction score
City, State
Fresno, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 FX4 Ranger
Before you pump in all sort of money into this thing, do the simple stuff first! Change the "thermostat" and "cap" first, its the regular maintance things anyway.

Blown head, you'll have to check the oil for sign of water. You could either do the oil change and see if there is milky stuffs on the bottom of the pan or notice your drain plug is cover with milky stuff. If the head get so bad, you could check it by the dip stick.

Gool luck

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

bitchinexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
last time my coolant did that my heater core went out a couple of days later.

<

Maverick0007

Reaction score
Well i noticed a nice sized hole in my cold air intake, maybe this has something to do with it.

<

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
a leak in the intake after the filter and MAS can cause all sorts of issues, it can cause it to run lean and hot

<

Maverick0007

Reaction score
Is maybe the fan clutch a problem here? I notice after I shut off the engine that the fan keeps spinning and doesn't immediately stop. Any ideas?

<

Maverick0007

Reaction score
Great, just GREAT. Something blew tonight underneath the hood as far as it spraying coolant everywhere. Well don't know what it is yet. But will keep you posted.

<

GBillerty

Reaction score
City, State
Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport 4WD
any update!!! I had this problem last weekend! Boiling coolant un reservoir

<

Maverick0007

Reaction score
Apparently it was due to bad head gaskets. I replaced both of them and it does not boil anymore. Thanks for everyone's help.

<