Coolant Reservoir Boiling, need help! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Coolant Reservoir Boiling, need help!

Before you pump in all sort of money into this thing, do the simple stuff first! Change the "thermostat" and "cap" first, its the regular maintance things anyway.

Blown head, you'll have to check the oil for sign of water. You could either do the oil change and see if there is milky stuffs on the bottom of the pan or notice your drain plug is cover with milky stuff. If the head get so bad, you could check it by the dip stick.

Gool luck

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

last time my coolant did that my heater core went out a couple of days later.

Well i noticed a nice sized hole in my cold air intake, maybe this has something to do with it.

a leak in the intake after the filter and MAS can cause all sorts of issues, it can cause it to run lean and hot

Is maybe the fan clutch a problem here? I notice after I shut off the engine that the fan keeps spinning and doesn't immediately stop. Any ideas?

Great, just GREAT. Something blew tonight underneath the hood as far as it spraying coolant everywhere. Well don't know what it is yet. But will keep you posted.

any update!!! I had this problem last weekend! Boiling coolant un reservoir

Apparently it was due to bad head gaskets. I replaced both of them and it does not boil anymore. Thanks for everyone's help.

Back