Cooper Discoverer ATR | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cooper Discoverer ATR

Does anyone have any feedback on Cooper DiscovererATR's? I can't seem to find many reviews on them...

I'm running stock, mostly highway driving with the occasional camping/fishing trip. Snowy winters.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not a bad tyre from the reports from people down in Australia, I used to Run the old AT’s before getting the ST’s that I am still using, If mostly hwy and the odd light off-road expedition they should be fine, but anything like Mud or Rocks I wouldn’t be expecting too much, Snow wouldn’t have a clue we don’t get much of it hear LOL

I've run the Cooper AT/ATR's on my last three vehicles. an '87 Ranger 4X4, an '88 Ranger 4X4 and now my '96 Explorer (less than 1000 on these so far). I have had good luck with wear and they went well in the snow. The Explorer had a Goodyear HT type on it and didn't do bad in the snow but I changed over to the ATR's a few weeks ago and have been through two snow storms with very good performance, I think much better than the Goodyear.

www.tirerack.com is a good place to get reveiws for tires. Lot of reveiws and ratings on tires.

Thanks, but they don't seem to have anything on Cooper tires.

Right now I have two matching quotes, one for Wranglers and one for Discoverer ATRs. However, there seems to be alot of negative feedback on the Wranglers (at least what I've found online...)

I guess Coopers it is

When I originally bought my '01 Ranger Stepside it had cheap mudders on it that HUMMED terribly. So I checked around and found the ATRs for 400, installed. Great tire, wore very well, sounds great, even looked bigger on my truck than the mudders did. I would recommend these tires to anyone.

Back