correct rear wiper blade replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

correct rear wiper blade replacement

weegeordie

Reaction score
City, State
King City, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT Sport U
I'm trying to replace the rear wiper blade in my 2016 Ford Explorer.

My problem is finding the correct replacement blade. The parts guy at my local Canadian Tire told me to use a REFLEX 11-G.

However, when I open the package I see there is an extra part on it, A sliding cap over the centre connector.

Do I have the wrong blade, or do I just break the extra part off?

Here's a picture
rear wiper blade.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

According to the manual, the rear wiper blade is a WW-1106. Is that the number you provided CTC? I have never had to replace a rear wiper so I'm not that familiar with them. Have you tried installing it? I checked out the CTC site for a 2016 Explorer and that is one of the ones that came up.

Peter

According to the manual, the rear wiper blade is a WW-1106. Is that the number you provided CTC? I have never had to replace a rear wiper so I'm not that familiar with them. Have you tried installing it? I checked out the CTC site for a 2016 Explorer and that is one of the ones that came up.

Peter
I told them it was a 2016 Ford Explorer, 6 cylinder. I haven't tried installing it yet. Even a tattered old blade is better than no blade at all.

I'm going to tear that extra piece off and see if it works. Otherwise...not sure where to find the right blade

I'm going to tear that extra piece off and see if it works. Otherwise...not sure where to find the right blade
It does seem to be the right one according to the CTC site.

Peter

Any 11" standard wiper blade works. You just pop the old one out, use an adapter that comes in the package, and snap it back in. Sometimes they are in there pretty good and you have to use a screwdriver to get them out. It just snaps in and out. To use the wiper in the picture you need to remove the bottom part of the adapter.

I use the Bosch A281H from Amazon.

Just pop off the plastic piece that is on the new blade. It snaps right in the to arm.

The one on the right is the old blade. The one on the left is the new one. I don't see how that is going to fit

rear wiper Ford Explorer.jpg

It will pop right on.

On the inside of the wiper arm there is a rectangle opening. Inside that opening there is a pin running crosswise. The wiper blade U shaped opening snaps onto that pin. It takes a fair amount of force to get the wiper blade to snap on and off that pin. The only thing I see on your wiper blade that may be obstructing it is the protruding pins. But normally they are narrow enough to fit inside the rectangle opening. So that part of the wiper blade fits inside the rectangular opening and the U shaped slot on the blade snaps onto the pin. Try heating up the wiper arm connector in hot water to make it more pliable to flex to snap onto the pin.

On the inside of the wiper arm there is a rectangle opening. Inside that opening there is a pin running crosswise. The wiper blade U shaped opening snaps onto that pin. It takes a fair amount of force to get the wiper blade to snap on and off that pin. The only thing I see on your wiper blade that may be obstructing it is the protruding pins. But normally they are narrow enough to fit inside the rectangle opening. So that part of the wiper blade fits inside the rectangular opening and the U shaped slot on the blade snaps onto the pin. Try heating up the wiper arm connector in hot water to make it more pliable to flex to snap onto the pin.
I think I got it. It took a while to find the pin and get it lined up but it did snap on. Went on a lot easier than it came off.

Thanks everyone

Glad you’re all set.

Back