CoryL '91 4 Door Getting some Goodies!!! Complete off-road performance modifications. | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CoryL '91 4 Door Getting some Goodies!!! Complete off-road performance modifications.

94 4 Door SAS and More - CoryL

My new winter project.

I'm starting with a 94 4 Door with a 4.0. It had a D35 and 8.8" (obviously), A4LD, and a 1354.

The only thing in there that is staying is the motor. :cool:

The tranny is going to be a C5 followed up by a 4.3:1 Atlas 2.

The suspension is going to change too. Out with the TTB and in with a solid axle.

HP D60 front and a full floating D60 rear. Both have 5.13s and Detroits in them.

I am going to see how much lift the stock leaf springs give me with a SOA setup.

Up front will reside a 5 link setup with S-A-W coilovers.

Going to hack most of the front fenders away, relocate anything on the inner fenders and remove the inner fenders. Going to hack quite a bit in the rear, probably remove the seats and put the larger rear seat in the middle and use some drag race tubs to cover the hole I will leave.

It will be rolling on 38x14.5x16.5 TSL SXs mounted on Hummer Beadlocks (If my line on them stays open).

Look for pics to come soon as I get the Sploder in my garage this Friday!!!

My current wheeling rig has to go though. 87 Bronco II. Its listed in the For Sale Section!

So if cost was no issue nor was the labor involved would you swap in a V8 or keep the 6?

good god, man. You are a friggin maniac. Congratulations.

Back