Off Road Performance Question

CodePoet

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
Hey all i'm in abit of a fight with myself over wether or not to lift my X. I'm curious about the performance difference between putting on a set of 30's, new shocks, and quick discos. Compared with a simple spacer shackle lift, new shocks, 31's, and no discos. I also have been thinking about a 2 inch body lift but i'm concerned about the steering binding up. Any thought? I'd probably get a PA lift and I know that it comes with an extension, just curious. Thanks for all the help.

Later
CP

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you get 30s... you'll want 31s next week. if you get 31s.. you'll want 33s next week. then 35s..

skip the 30s.. get the 31s.

yup thats how it starts with me i just wanted 31s and a 2 in SL, well wasnt high enough so a 2 in BL and 15x10 rims later well im still not happy i want 33s and more lift this is very addicting but more rewarding then most addictions so go ahead and spoil yourself my truck handles better now then it did stock other than acceleration

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Will the bl be much trouble (i've read all the posts that came up with search), i'm just concerned about the steering binding up or something? Does the PA lift come with a manuel shifter extension? THanks

Later
Trent :^]

the body lift was fairly easy to put in my x everything went smooth i also used the PA 2" lift as mine is a a/t im not sure about the manual extention but i think it comes with i know i had a couple extra parts as far as the steering binding i can feel it but not to an extreme according to other posts the 3" in binds a little worse good luck! personally i recommend getting the spacer shackle lift i have a spacer add a leaf 2 inch lift and i like it for the cost plus you get more clearence with the suspension lift

Yeah that's what i'm going to go ahead and do. I just read that the stock shocks will still work with the spacer shackle lift. And since the total cost of the body lift is about the same as the cost of the spacer/shackle lift i'm going to just do the suspension. How much would you say is reasonable for the allignment afterwards? THanks!

Later
Trent

i recommend you buy new shocks up front i still have my stock ones and they are fully extended when my suspension is not, so i am losing some articulation, about 3 inches to be exact, but my stock shocks still do work and i definetely have noticed alot of improvment in my 4x4n capabilities. i paid like 70 bucks at les schwab for an alignment and camber ajustment. heres a tip paint you springs while you have them out it makes it look lifted and cleaner

Sweet, 70 bucks is very reasonable actualy cheaper than I thought...that'll give me a good point of refference. By the way there was a really good post a week or two ago about installing spacers...any idea where I can find it or what to search for...I can't seem to find it. Anyway thanks alot!

Later
TRent

You can make quick discos for $5 with hitch pins... get shackles, spacers, and new shocks...and 31's.

Back