Cost for Warn Manual Hubs | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cost for Warn Manual Hubs

Flyguy, the hub is what engauges the front two wheels when in 4x4 (you know the things that stick out of the center of the front wheels). The reason for changing them is because they are stronger than the auto hubs and they are cheaper to replace than the autos.

93SPORTIOWA, the part number is in zavetsky's post at the beginning of this thread. It is the same number for just about any place you can get them. Be on the safe side and double check when ordering.

Yeah yeah yeah. I know. sometimes Im afraid to ask stuff like this! :) Im still learning the arts of suspension and all that off-roading stuff. As I have never been. :) Planning to on my birthday if I can get the cash for Truckhaven. Anyways, so Instead of pushing that button I get out and kick the wheels? Hmmm.... no. Hehe. I guess If I did some serious off roadin it would be worth it. But im lazy. Thats intresting though. And they do sound cheap. Oh well.. learn something every day!

nick

Warning

Hey zavetsky,
There is one thing that you will have to do every now and then, actually more often than you think. Check to see that your spindle nuts don't come loose on you and wear out your bearings. This is a common problem with manual hubs. do a search on Manual hubs and see for your self.

how often?

How often do you suggest checking them?

When I installed my hubs, the inner adjusting nut had a small pin on it which alligned with a spacer ring with holes in it then the locknut..........

Doesnt the spacer ring help hold it tight?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Back