• Register Today It's free!

Cost on side mouldings

daprez1963

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 XLT 4dr 4WD 4.0 V6 FFV
My new explorer doesnt have the side mouldings going around the truck (the thick one that goes down the sides and over the wheelwells and bumpers too) and I was wondering what the cost would be to have this done by either the dealership or a shop? I think the moulding adds a nice look to the trim with a bolder look.

Also, if anyone has ever added auto-lamp feature....

I miss these 2 items from my old 02 model....

and lastly...I have 235/70/16 tires that I need to replace. Which brand is best for treadwear in a dry/wet climate (no snow in florida) and I want a little taller thicker wheel without throwing the mileage off..any suggestions?

Thanks for all the suggestions......lol

it sucks not having the autolamp feature and i have not looked at how much that would be but i just got my explorer a month ago and the dealership put on kelly suv tires that is actually the name on the sidewall and they give a exceptional ride and grip very well, i really need that come around november when you just leave everything in 4x4 to get around hehehehe, the side mouldings are probably a dealer only thing i havent seen any in the magazines i have looked at to order special parts, i am sure the stealership will take care of you with that :)

hope this helps

brian

2002sport4x4

Wished the original owner had added

Such a low price to add these at first....

Optional Equipment
Major Packages Retail Price Invoice Price
Convenience Group
XLT $250 $213
Keypad entry, automatic day/night rearview mirror, automatic headlights.

I just wonder how much they would charge now to add them. Probably a lot more than the price would have been at the beginning....lol

The only thing missing beside those is the fender flares....

Back