cranking problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

cranking problems

slace22

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ford explorer
I just installed a m5r1 transmission in my 1994 ford explorer and now my truck wont start.......... it turns over fine and it is getting fire and fuel , i checked the fuel pressure also............... so if its getting enough fuel and its firing what could i have possible done to it since installing the transmission?
Any help is appreciated

I'm guessing it has something to do with the Engine Coolant Temperature sensor. Maybe even the Mass Air Flow sensor, although I don't think that would make it not start. Try pulling some codes maybe?

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255962

Have you tried taking the intake tube off and spraying some starting fluid in it putting the tube back on and trying to start it?

If it's sensor related, start unplugging sensors one by one and the computer should default enough to get the engine running (as long as you don't unplug the crank sensor:D).

Do like murkinstock said, spray some starting fluid into the intake tube. Best spot for that would be in the breather tube going to the oil fill neck, that way you don't have to run without the MAF.

Back