• Register Today It's free!

Creak/pop noise from front end

Alex K

Reaction score
City, State
fort smith, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer XLT 4WD
I've been going crazy trying to figure out what is causing this insane popping/Creaking noise front my front drivers side. I've recently noticed it only happens when I'm turning my steering wheel right, even if it's just slightly. Even yesterday I just parked and rocked the car side to side and it made the noise, but only if I was sitting in the driver's seat.. If I got up and tried to rock it from the outside, no noise.. It's going to drive me crazy and probably cause my wife to leave me because I won't shut up about it! I've replaced the drivers wheel bearing, new Sway bar bushings, New Sway bar end links, new upper control arms with ball joints, new lower ball joints, the only thing really left I'm thinking are the tie rod ends, body mounts, which looked fine plus I don't think they'd make noise when only turning right, or the CV joint. I'm thinking that's what it is but before I go spend more money on the part I'm wanting to make sure that's what it is.

So it looks like they did find a solution to their problem that worked for those with this issue. There is a link to another thread inside the one I just posted that has the solution.

Back