CRL customs rocksliders!

taxx

Make em say Ugh
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
73 EB
So I went to spend the day with CoryL ( www.crlcustoms.com )to get some rock sliders made:D He spit them out like it was nothing! I am very pleased with these. I need to paint them (or herc em), but they are high quality! We can jack up the side of the truck with the hi-lift at the rock sliders now. Here is a pic, maybe Cory will come along and post the pic he took of the hi-lift in action.

Attachments

• mvc-001f.jpg
    mvc-001f.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 423

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thoughy look beastly! very nice.

did you get bolt on or weld on? since you have a sport Im sure he measurements to make more :) hrmmm

how much did you cough up for them

I want some
Ryan

These were welded on.

Bolt-ons (which I have yet to make) run $275
Weld-ons run $225
Cut, bent, and notched "kits" are $150

2GenSld1.jpg

Front tire is off the ground!

thats some strong stuff there!

whats the difference between ERW and DOM tubing?

The way in which the tubing is formed.

What I use, HREW, stands for Hot Rolled Electric Welded.

DOM is a process which stands for Drawn-Over Mandrel. It is ERW. DOM is cold rolled. HREW is hot rolled. Both are the same kind of steel, but cold rolled retains more strength properties. Its more complicated than that, so check the net for the difference and a better explanation.

Now, DOM goes for about $3.00 a foot on average whereas HREW goes for $1.50 (depending on location).

If you were building a race car or truck where you would roll at 70 mph, DOM would be the way to go. Infact, chromoly might even be better.

However, at relatively slow speeds HREW is perfectly fine. Most guys I know use it. My entire cage is made out of it. If it was weak and would possibly injure me I wouldn't use it.

thanks for the info and I guess the picture speaks for itself. How hard are these to install? Dont have welding skills but I guess I could find a shop to install these when im ready to buy.

Originally posted by soupbone
thanks for the info and I guess the picture speaks for itself. How hard are these to install? Dont have welding skills but I guess I could find a shop to install these when im ready to buy.

I welded these on so installation was easy. Anyone that can weld could do it.

I can make them bolt on but installation would be more difficult and they will cost more.

Cory,

you have any more pics of the rock sliders. I need a set for my 4 door. I want them as colse the the body as possible. I live in nashville so i could come up and you could weld them on for me :) (dont have a welder yet.)

Wow... Those are nice Cory and Taxman2K. And you can't beat the price. I need to do some more thinking on what I exactly want.... then look into colored herculiner (?) or spray... I would like mine grey (similar to the OEM Sport trac tupperware color :)

Ever think of doing a set for a Sport Trac? Sliders are one of my next mods for sure.

Hey Dave, any updates on the use of these, did they perform well? Why was your front bumper off i that picture with the highlift?

Happy trails!!

Back