curt 13033 hitch doesn't fit as described in an Ebay ad | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

curt 13033 hitch doesn't fit as described in an Ebay ad

twiisted71

Reaction score
City, State
Cape Coral
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 ST
I bought a 13033 Curt hitch from Ebay seller hoping that Curt had just changed to a bolt together design later in production for shipping/manufacturing expenses. No go though. It wouldn't quite clear the under bumper reinforcement bar. However........If you did a body lift and lifted the bumper accordingly this hitch would likely line up nicely with a 3 inch lift. and its a nice heavily built mother with excellent powdercoating for cheap!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe they changed, I got a Curt hitch off e-bay, bolted up just fine, truck is stock. It was the bolt together one, not the one piece.

Very easy to install, no need to remove bolts for the bumper like some other ones.

The hitch you got was one piece?

yea I kept reading about how much the S/T was like Ex.s. this is one area that definitely is different. yes the one I got was a welded 1 piece unit. It was actually a misrepresentation in the Ebay ad and the Co. is making it good. I'm going with a Hidden Hitch welded unit. I didn't want a bolt together unit down here due to salt air corrosion. Like I said I was very impressed with the powder coating on the Curt though.

Imagine that :shifty_ey:shifty_ey:shifty_ey:scratch:

I believe CURT hitches was bought out, and are now made here in Humboldt, Ks.

I think this company now owns them

www.turnoverball.com

They have a 60,000 sq ft powder coating line there. I'm jealous

about_building_lg.jpg

I believe CURT hitches was bought out, and are now made here in Humboldt, Ks.

I think this company now owns them

www.turnoverball.com

They have a 60,000 sq ft powder coating line there. I'm jealous

about_building_lg.jpg
Hey, I think someone took me for a parking lot tour of that place. :smoke:

Back