Custom Explorer Chassis | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom Explorer Chassis

Thanks for the comments, an update on the truck anyways is that the body is in progress of being mounted to the frame. I have received a couple pics fromo the motor shop I just have to go through them and pick up the good ones to put online.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dude, this project is sick..........damn.........i am trying to avoid bagging my X but it looks like I may have to after looking at these pics

HOLY **** THIS IS AWESOME!!!

Send me some contact info... i'm looking to put an air ride system like that on my truck and I REALLY like your work!

jellyphoto@aol.com

send me some pics too

This is the owner of the truck. I was going to post some updated pictures of the build, but I am not allowed to add attachments to the site. The motor shop is taking a little longer than I would like, but being deployed its very difficult to get movement on the build. The chassis should be at the powder coater, but I am not sure. I did post some pictures on SSM under the same build name. Custom Explorer Chassis Build.

Can you post the links

Sure does, absolutely astounding work. Although dropped trucks arent my thing, really looking forward to finished pics and really appreciate the quality/skill put into it.

Just looked at the second link above.. and on page 6, he's got photos of it with the body on the chassis... IT'S FRICKEN SiCk!!! that custom clip is crazy...

Axial isnt kidding--amazing!!

I hope the owner of this rig doesn't mind, but I copied the pics from that other website and wanted to give everyone a chance to see them here. This thing is seriously sweet... even if you don't understand dropped rigs... this is an AWESOME build!

RIDEHGHTINSHOP.jpg

FINALSTANCERS.jpg

FINALSTANCE1.jpg

FINALSTANCELS1.jpg

FINALSTANCEFRTLAID.jpg

FINALSTANCECHONGROUNDRCCLOSE.jpg

Enjoy!!

(IF THE OWNER WANTS ME TO REMOVE THESE, JUST SAY THE WORD!)

NEEDS more COWBELL!!!!!

Hello All. Sorry, but it has been somewhat crazy here in SWA. Thank you for putting the pics there, I have no problem at all with you posting the pictures on the thread for me. (THANK YOU).
It has been very slow with the truck, guessing I am not home to push the issue with the engine shop and them knowing I am out of the country it been difficult. It seems like the truck is in the same state and when I call it's almost the same. I was to receive new pictures a few week ago, but nothing was sent, the chassis was to be finish and at the powder coater, but it has not even gotten there. i was hoping to have the truck ready for Dropt N Destroy in Ohio, but that is not even close to happening.

The shop has lost some of its workers, and his business has been slow, so he has been trying to do other jobs in between to bring in funds even though I am paid up. I am upset, but I understand his family needs to eat. as soon as I am able to get some new pictures with positive updates from the shop I will update you all. Thank you for the support.

That's just badass!!:chug:

Hello All. Sorry, but it has been somewhat crazy here in SWA. Thank you for putting the pics there, I have no problem at all with you posting the pictures on the thread for me. (THANK YOU).
It has been very slow with the truck, guessing I am not home to push the issue with the engine shop and them knowing I am out of the country it been difficult. It seems like the truck is in the same state and when I call it's almost the same. I was to receive new pictures a few week ago, but nothing was sent, the chassis was to be finish and at the powder coater, but it has not even gotten there. i was hoping to have the truck ready for Dropt N Destroy in Ohio, but that is not even close to happening.

The shop has lost some of its workers, and his business has been slow, so he has been trying to do other jobs in between to bring in funds even though I am paid up. I am upset, but I understand his family needs to eat. as soon as I am able to get some new pictures with positive updates from the shop I will update you all. Thank you for the support.

I understand that, I hope they finish it soon. I had my 1993 Explorer in a bodyshop and paid for as well, and they pushed it back for over a year. Try to not pay for anything in advance, they need to have pressure on them to do the work. Good luck,

I agree with that, wicked slow times for most people. But again that is still very frustrating especially when it is all paid up already.

Roger that. they say it has to happen at least once for you t learn and I guess this is my learning period. Will truly never pay up or much less try to get something done if I am not home to watch over it. Again thank you

It is one sick build, it's great seeing someone go out of the box.

Tim

So sick I am going to bag my 02 mounty I am deff subscribed now did you have to make all your parts or is there a place we can get pre made parts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its been two years since an update but i'm ok with zombies. Could anyone tell what happened to this thing. I've never seen a suspension set up like that but i think it looks amazing

Back