Custom Hood Scoops | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom Hood Scoops

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like the scooped hood!
I am sure it will get some nice cold air to your airbox and it looks great.

Next time you make sure to clearly state that you like the way it looks, otherwise you will be asked to weigh the parts, get some dyno time to prove they increase performance, make sure you always know who is number 1!!!

That hood you've got....snake oil...sorry to burst your bubble. If you want the hood for cosmetic purposes, than just say that. I can at least respect that, but if you want some level of performance out of this...you're on a fools errand.

No respect unless you choose the exact right words and make sure you play follow the leader...... :rolleyes:
Respect is a two way street bud

The OP came here and asked if anyone made a scooped hood
Turns out they do
Best part is its a functional hood!
Good show

PLEASE stay on topic and keep your personal, non scooped hood, stories to your own threads
Remember?
I posted in your dodge fuel pump thread about my experience putting dodge parts into my Ford and you FLIPPED OUT because it was "Off topic" and had Rick remove all of my posts, even after I apologized????? .. but it is okay when you do it? @ecoboost_xsport

I like the scooped hood!
I am sure it will get some nice cold air to your airbox and it looks great.

Next time you make sure to clearly state that you like the way it looks, otherwise you will be asked to weigh the parts, get some dyno time to prove they increase performance, make sure you always know who is number 1!!!

No respect unless you choose the exact right words and make sure you play follow the leader...... :rolleyes:
Respect is a two way street bud

The OP came here and asked if anyone made a scooped hood
Turns out they do
Best part is its a functional hood!
Good show

PLEASE stay on topic and keep your personal, non scooped hood, stories to your own threads
Remember?
I posted in your dodge fuel pump thread about my experience putting dodge parts into my Ford and you FLIPPED OUT because it was "Off topic" and had Rick remove all of my posts, even after I apologized????? .. but it is okay when you do it? @ecoboost_xsport
So I gave valuable insight into a hood the OP wanted information on that is non-functional (in that, it WON'T lower IATs...prove me wrong) and you are comparing it to your incident of telling war stories that weren't even the slightest bit related to what was being talked about? LMAO...what a clown. I hope you're not being serious...

I'll be the first to agree that it looks great, but again...if you ACTUALLY read my response (doubt you did) you'd know that I clearly stated if it was wanted for cosmetic purposes...there's no issue and should just be stated as such. But if you think that hood will give you ANY sort performance gain, you're more naive than I thought, LMAO....

Again...prove me wrong, do some real world datalogging. Both dyno and track runs, both before and after. I guarantee it won't add a lick of performance, and honestly, will likely do more to hurt performance than anything.

But sure...it LOOKS great...

People here are way too sensitive. Sorry that I'm not stroking your ego about your non-functional hood, haha

Heat extractor on a bright sunny day and water gutter on rainy days. Probably don't have any logs from a rainy day eh? I like the ram air hood better. Seems more practical for most driving conditions. 😂
Yeah, she's garage kept and really only sees the streets of Mexico or the track. I'm not too worried about it though. Engines are pretty resilient to water intrusion and I don't take it to the car wash or downpour rain days. Probably wouldn't be a great mod on a daily driver or someplace that sees a lot of rain. Won't argue with you there.

As for functional and practical? That Amerihood has no practical or functional use. You guys are kidding yourself if you think it does. My heat extractor, though not very pretty, is doing more for the function of the car than that silly hood. By leaps and bounds. But hey, it does look great, I won't argue there...I just want you guys to be honest with yourself. I love a good looking product/modification on a car as much as the next guy, I just don't fool myself when I'm installing something like that. I'm not here to stroke your egos, just here to school you guys. I don't mind being the bad guy, because everything I'm trying to teach you guys may be unpopular, but accurate. Not gonna sugar coat it for you. Sorry, not sorry.

I know this is an OLD post from back in 2011 but has anyone installed a hood scoop in their FPIU?
Just wondering if that would do the same? My 2017 didn't come with a tow package but I am going to put one on for the pontoon.
Just wondering if it would be advantageous to have the hood scoop! Hell! It's an Interceptor and people would just think it is souped up!

I know this is an OLD post from back in 2011 but has anyone installed a hood scoop in their FPIU?
Just wondering if that would do the same? My 2017 didn't come with a tow package but I am going to put one on for the pontoon.
Just wondering if it would be advantageous to have the hood scoop! Hell! It's an Interceptor and people would just think it is souped up!
Not sure of a hood scoop for that purpose, it would fix a minor issue when braking my vehicle angles down enough to blow whatever water and snow on the hood at the windshield.

This is the only thread discussing Hood Scoops and your post has been moved here.

Peter

Back