• Register Today It's free!

custom interior work

jme94xlt

Reaction score
City, State
Cookeville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 ZJ
wasn't sure where to post this, so here goes. has anyone done anything like this: Dead Link Removed to the interior of their explorer? is there a site (or shop) that does custom interior work for explorers? i'm looking to recarpet/reupholster my interior, fix window leaks in the cargo area, and maybe get custom type door panels or dash, possibly nicer leather seats, but none of it will necessarily be white like in the linked url. when i recarpet it, should i consider spraying the floor with bedliner before putting the carpet back down like i've heard of some people on this site doing?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey, that pic looks really good! I bet that would take a ton of work though. Is that even a explorer?

It says Integra on the floor mat.

Why can I picture this car having a huge spoiler and TYPE R racing being proclaimed on a big banner sticker going across the windshield? :confused:

LOL yes I'm guessing this is a rice car, but the interior is nice. Unlike other ricers, this guy must have at least a LITTLE touch of class. :D

I'm so stereotypical :p

The interior looks good if time and money are no object, but since they are I'd say it only looks decent.

Unless I was gonna go all out and spend every cent I earned on an Explorer, I wouldn't do a big custom interior job like that, well not to a late model anway.

Even on an earlier model though, its gonna be a LOT of work and good bit of money too.

Not trying to discourage anyone, I'd like to see someone do it. I would advise however to be careful and plan everything out BEFORE you start.

If I had to guess how HUGE the spoiler on that car is, I'd say at least 250 feet. (double stacked of course, adjustable carbon fiber.) ADJUSTABLE!?!?! COME ON!!! are you really gonna go 200mph for 500 miles, NO, so does it really matter if you can adjust your stupid wing? NO. Those stupid ricers just wanna pretend they're playing real life Gran Turismo. Stupid kids.:confused:

Actually, the car in that picture has no spoiler on it at all. And yes, it's an Integra. The picture is at the Integra section of modacar.com... I just posted it because it was something close to what I had in mind, is all. The rest of the exterior pictures of that car can be found at:
Dead Link Removed. Not too bad if I do say so myself.

To answer your questions...any good upholstry shop could redo the door panels and seats in any color material you want. But it's not cheap. If you're willing to drive to Mexico it's about 1/4 the price. In case you were wondering. And it looks like the dash is about a half dozen cans of white spray paint. Get some new floor mats. Throw in some white faced gauges or indiglo some underdash lighting and you're good to go. As far as the window leaks, it sounds like you need some new rubber weatherstripping.

Thanks zensius. I guess I'll just have the floor recarpeted and the roof reupholstered (or whatever it is), get some nice floormats, a rear catchall mat (maybe like the ones from explorer express)... I'll probably leave the dash and door panels alone, but white face gauges would be cool. You know where I could get some of those for my model explorer, and how much they cost? Maybe a carbon fiber dash kit would be nice too... :cool:

There's a thread about custon paper faced gauges that's pretty interesting if you're so inclined. Do a search for it. But near the end of that thread there's somebody who mentions he's got Indiglo gauges for a '94 you could find out from him where they came from. Here on this http://www.4x4central.com/white_speedo.html informative write up is a link for white faced gauges and how to put them in. I know that somebody makes carbon dash covers for our year dashes but I don't think it looks very good as there isn't much of it. You'll have to do a search for this too as I've no idea where to buy this. Good luck.

Back