Customer Satisfaction Program 19B28 - ST shipped w/o Perf Brakes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Customer Satisfaction Program 19B28 - ST shipped w/o Perf Brakes

Cobra Jet

Reaction score
City, State
Southern, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLS
2020 Explorer ST Vehicles - Shipped w/o Performance Brake Package

REASON FOR THIS PROGRAM:
In all of the affected vehicles, the optional High Performance Pack was delivered to customers without the high performance brakes, and were equipped with a different brake pad. The high performance brakes are a dealer-install option and requires installation of upgraded brake linings and an ABS module calibration update.

Ford Doc attached.

I was going to post this in the TSB Thread for all of you, but apparently it’s a locked thread.

Attachments

• MC-10168823-0001.pdf
    638.3 KB · Views: 149

Thanks!

That's interesting.

I recall that it said the High Performance pads were shipped separately and then, dealer-installed. Curious why they aren't just factory-installed?

2020 Explorer ST Vehicles - Shipped w/o Performance Brake Package

REASON FOR THIS PROGRAM:
In all of the affected vehicles, the optional High Performance Pack was delivered to customers without the high performance brakes, and were equipped with a different brake pad. The high performance brakes are a dealer-install option and requires installation of upgraded brake linings and an ABS module calibration update.

Ford Doc attached.

I was going to post this in the TSB Thread for all of you, but apparently it’s a locked thread.

The only reason this was not posted was because it was announced back at the end of July to dealers and there was essentially a stop sale on them. Only 15 people received theirs without the package prior to the dealer notice.

Post 21 has the letter

Explorer delays

I'll be happy to add it into the TSB/recall forum later today if Peter doesnt get to it now but it is pretty much a non existant issue at this point.

Back