CV joint angle ajustments after a TT? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CV joint angle ajustments after a TT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am feel correct in what I posted! If you don't like it, don't post in any of my threads! I could care less about your input! Whether or not your "posts" have any relavence is beside the point. Noone cares for a thread that ends up being nothing more than a pissing contest! I never asked how much TT was too much, I asked if I went any higher than 2" is there anyway to correct the cv angles so that premature wear could be deminished, Also, I asked if the camber would be to far out to be corrected if I went higher than 2"! Yes, some of the early posts answered the questions, but, I never asked about flex or downtravel. So I feel that I stand correct.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

greenmtnboy said:
I am feel correct in what I posted! If you don't like it, don't post in any of my threads! I could care less about your input! Whether or not your "posts" have any relavence is beside the point. Noone cares for a thread that ends up being nothing more than a pissing contest! I never asked how much TT was too much, I asked if I went any higher than 2" is there anyway to correct the cv angles so that premature wear could be deminished, Also, I asked if the camber would be to far out to be corrected if I went higher than 2"! Yes, some of the early posts answered the questions, but, I never asked about flex or downtravel. So I feel that I stand correct.

orly_owl.jpg

... I believe that I answered your camber adjustment question very early on pal ...

The flex, etc, etc and "pissing" contest you speak off spawned off an answer that was given to YOU, then corrected due to "misinformation".

Trust me, this is by NO means a pissing contest in here, I haven't heard the trickling sound yet. So far it's nothing more than a debate of theories in relation to YOUR original question (being CV joints).

What an amusing little bickering match we have here :rolleyes:

My .02?
Well the TT is budget boost. It does absolutely nothing positive for an offroad vehicle except helping to clear a larger piece of rubber. The lack of down travel is a huge deficit off road IMO, In addition the increased spring rate also kills some of your uptravel, or at least makes it take a hell of a lot more force to use.

The CV's, yes they will wear faster. Will they instantly grenade? No not unless they are operating on a bind in the static position. But they will wear faster as they encounter that area of bind a lot more frequently in daily driving situations. If I had it to do again I would skip the TT in Favor of an IFS kit. Preferrably a long travel kit with high angle CV's. Or better yet just slap a solid axle under there and be done with it.

With IFS you are fighting a lose lose battle. YOu have limited travel and it is crapshoot as to how to use it. You can use the travel in mostly upward motion or a mostly downward motion or you can leave it in the middle.

Me... I'll take my ground clearance and have no downtravel, i can compensate for it with a locker up front.

nobody makes high angle CV's for our IFS that I am aware of, correct?

I want to ditch the torsion bars, retain 4wd, and get 8-10" of usable travel :)

410Fortune said:
you can get it custom made ;) just like driveshafts.

410Fortune said:

I want to ditch the torsion bars, retain 4wd, and get 8-10" of usable travel :)

There was a thread on here once upon a time discussing the Porsche Cayenne having a high angle CV. Which led to a discussion on hybrid and custom versions..........

Dixon Bros Kit uses a high angle CV,
http://www.dixonbrosracing.com/proddetail.php?prod=DBR-011&cat=1

I want that Dixonbro's kit on my 96 sploder!

Just need to hit the lotto!

410Fortune said:
I want that Dixonbro's kit on my 96 sploder!

Just need to hit the lotto!

I kinda want it under the My X as well. I have a hard time swallowing the 4 inches wider on each side thing though. That is wider than going with a full width d44 and 9" :eek:

YOu can reduce the trac width a bit if you want by using custom wheels.
However to me wider = better, my current TTB is approx 3" wider at the spindles and then with the 15x10 rims and 3.75 I just stuff my 35's under the lip of the Autofab fiberglass......it also handles WAY better then a stock BII.

Fiberglass = makes wide front ends look right :) hahaha and saves the paint on the side of your truck....

Other compaines are still working on their A arm 4wd front kits for the Ranger/Ex, but in order to get wheel travel with a A arm a new lower control arm is needed and to help the CV extreme angles more trac width is required.

I can't wai to see what Camburg comes up with...I also thought I heard Mcneil is working on a A amr 4x4 kit.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back